Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most underrated wins of ATG fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    If you watch the tape of that incident, you'll see that Holyfield started backing up very quickly when that happened. I remember seeing Holyfield back up sharply before I (watching on live TV) knew what was going on. Bowe never had the opportunity that you speak of. And if you think it is sad that Bowe didn't get to beat Holyfield with a cheap shot, you can always enjoy the tape of Riddick clocking Mathis Jr. when he was down and not getting rightly dq'd for it. Or the press conference when low class Bowe cheap shotted Larry Donald.
    I was only being sarcastic, dude. It seems some of the people here think its OK when someone uses a cheap shot. And it usually takes a couple of seconds to call time when something unusual occurs. I really hate when people use these kind of "tactics" whether its in the ring or out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
      Perhaps you are right as my memory may be a bit hazy...LOL! I guess you could say it was for the lineal WBO belt I do think it's awesome that Holmes and Foreman were still able to compete at their advanced ages. I suppose it's a quality that some boxers have but most don't.

I have been watching a bit of Larry's earlier fights and he did have immense boxing skills. I think a lot of people overlook him being he happen to come immediately after Ali. In a way that was a shame. It would have been really interesting if he came upon the title picture in the early '70's. Funny, you had mentioned the McCall fight. I met Oliver a few days after the Holmes fight and we became friends. I'd bring my boxing tapes over his house as we were neighbors at that time. His brother and I would talk about boxing for hours on end!

As far as Foreman, he actually did win the "true" heavyweight title. It was an unbelievable moment back in '94. Just think, if he'd have never come back I doubt he'd have as much respect and popularity as he has now. God works in mysterious ways!!
      Really? You're friends with Oliver McCall? Did he ever explain his nervous breakdown to you in the Lennox Lewis rematch? Or did that not even come up in conversation? Or did anyone ever ask McCall about that in an interview?

Comment

Hopkins' wins over 25-0 Lipsey and 32-0 Glen Johnson, the road warrior was never stopped again from there.

Comment

Working...
        X