Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newsflash, boxing doesnt revolve around america any more.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the heavier divisions, UK, along with Europe is home. Wlad was the 3rd richest fighter outside of Pac/May without having to fight on PPV lol

The 168 division has always had UK/Europe as home. The trend is starting to spread to other divisions, Davis came here to win his first title, LInares has become more known since his defences here etc.

The times, they are a' changing

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Canelo vs Golovkin would easily fill 100,000 seats at the Dallas Cowboys stadium and surpass Wembley.

But Las Vegas always means more money for the fighters and promoters.
      So why don't they do it? why do they cater to rich people and make it all about money?

If you listen to Joshua, he talks a lot about this. Joshua wants to deliver big events in the UK and keep the rices down, even Hearn has admitted he capped ringside at 2k but could get 10x that.

I don't know why money is the thing to aim for? surely more fans and people getting involved is a good thing?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        For the heavier divisions, UK, along with Europe is home. Wlad was the 3rd richest fighter outside of Pac/May without having to fight on PPV lol

The 168 division has always had UK/Europe as home. The trend is starting to spread to other divisions, Davis came here to win his first title, LInares has become more known since his defences here etc.

The times, they are a' changing
        yep, and the trend is only going to continue...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
          Yea it doesn’t have much buzz right now there’s a lot of reasons at play. But top rank seems really adamant of making Boxing big in China they co promote shows there a lot
          What else is going on with Macau?

And yea I think thats one of the smartest moves by Arum. And yea whenever I look at the boxing schedule I always find these random Top Rank Chinese cards. Thats a long term move that Bob probably won't ever see the fruit of, but its a smart move.

iirc he had some TV reality boxing show or some sorta sh^t on down there to plus some sorta great Top Rank fights kinda show. The kids watching those shows today, assuming they are still on, are gonna be some of the pro boxing names people know of in another 20 or so years.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            So why don't they do it? why do they cater to rich people and make it all about money?
            Because it means more money for the fighters themselves as well as the promoters?

If you're going to take punches for a living you might as well maximize the reward for that sacrifice.

Comment

Because it means more money for the fighters themselves as well as the promoters?

If you're going to take punches for a living you might as well maximize the reward for that sacrifice.
              I'm glad Joshua and Hearn prioritise the scale of the event rather than the ****ty cards in the U.S then. You might not make the same money, but you can't beat 90 thousand passionate fans for atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                What else is going on with Macau?

And yea I think thats one of the smartest moves by Arum. And yea whenever I look at the boxing schedule I always find these random Top Rank Chinese cards. Thats a long term move that Bob probably won't ever see the fruit of, but its a smart move.

iirc he had some TV reality boxing show or some sorta sh^t on down there to plus some sorta great Top Rank fights kinda show. The kids watching those shows today, assuming they are still on, are gonna be some of the pro boxing names people know of in another 20 or so years.
                Right now all I know of is the ibf Silk Road tournament I think it’s Asian regional tournament and it’s being held in macau

Comment

I'm glad Joshua and Hearn prioritise the scale of the event rather than the ****ty cards in the U.S then. You might not make the same money, but you can't beat 90 thousand passionate fans for atmosphere.
                  And you also get to keep the gravy train rolling by avoiding the danger of facing the best opponent available.

Comment

And you also get to keep the gravy train rolling by avoiding the danger of facing the best opponent available.
                    Yeah, the fighter with 20 fights is keeping the gravy train rolling after fighting Klitschko and Takam and is away to unify against Parker lol

Comment

Yeah, the fighter with 20 fights is keeping the gravy train rolling after fighting Klitschko and Takam and is away to unify against Parker lol
                      He's only unifying against Parker because everyone saw how **** he looked against Andy Ruiz and Hughie Fury.

And Takam?

Comment

Working...
                      X