Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share us your Playstation 1 memories when it was popular back in the day...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    one of the greatest systems ever just dont think segas good at marketing.
    hell yeah. it was the best system of its time. I didn't get why playstation was so much more popular. It killed the dreamcast. Never been a fan of playstation ever since. Went to Xbox after that.

Originally posted by FightHistorian View Post
    Soul Calibur, Resident Evil:Code Veronica, Crazy Taxi, and Grandia II were my most played games on that system. Still remember the commercials.... It's Thinking.
    Oh yeah loved those games.

and Shenmue too. that was a revolutionary game.

and the controller was amazing with the little screen. loved playing NFL 2k on that and my friend sitting next to me doesn't know what play I'm picking. Don't know why they don't make that controller now or at least have a special addition controller for madden.

ahhh dreamcast, why couldn't you work out?

Comment

I wasn't really bothered about PS1 until i saw Resident Evil being played, then i just had to have one. Got it chipped and bought copied games 4 for £10, it basically took over my life for a couple of years and then i got bored of it and sold it. A couple of years later i saw GTA3 on PS2 and i just had to have one. LOL

Comment

5 star thread, so much nostalgia

The first thought that comes to my head is Metal Gear Solid (GOAT game) and the insane amount of cut scenes in it.

Other games I played a lot were Crash Bandicoot, Gex, Star Wars Masters of the Teri Kasi, and Blitz 2000

Comment

Got mine around 97-98, can't recall. I started on N64 first for that generation of consoles, coming off the SNES, so I had the brand loyalty of many people (and how many terrible next-gen consoles were released around that time not by Sega or Nintendo that utterly failed). But I never really liked the N64, the majority of games were lacking in so many aspects compared to the SNES. Obviously I was skeptical at first, but by that point in time it was obvious that the PSX was the real deal and not something that was going to fall off. Got FFVII first, being an old school FF player, and was totally blown away by it from a technological standpoint, no one had seen anything like it at that time. So vastly superior to the N64 as a console it wasn't even funny.

Comment

tiwsted metal. we played it a lot of time even though we already finished the story

Comment

Metal gear solid was superb! Definitely an ATG!!

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
                Got mine around 97-98, can't recall. I started on N64 first for that generation of consoles, coming off the SNES, so I had the brand loyalty of many people (and how many terrible next-gen consoles were released around that time not by Sega or Nintendo that utterly failed). But I never really liked the N64, the majority of games were lacking in so many aspects compared to the SNES. Obviously I was skeptical at first, but by that point in time it was obvious that the PSX was the real deal and not something that was going to fall off. Got FFVII first, being an old school FF player, and was totally blown away by it from a technological standpoint, no one had seen anything like it at that time. So vastly superior to the N64 as a console it wasn't even funny.
                The N64 games were so expensive, £65 for a game **** that.

Comment

Playing with the PS1 on a hot summer day, AC on blast, no school, going to sleep at whatever time I wanted. Damn, lol.

Resident Evil 1 and 3
                  MLB from 989 Sports
                  Syphon Filter 2
                  NBA Live
                  Medal Of Honor Underground
                  Soul Reaver Legacy of Kain
                  Twisted Metal 3
                  Duke Nukem Time To Kill
                  Toy Story 2
                  Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Comment

Never liked the system. I was a die-hard Nintendo kid. When the SNES was finally discontinued I was heart broken. A few years later I got an N64 but it wasn't the same.

Haven't owned a system since (I'm now 26). I don't like 3D gaming; 2D for life!

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      Never liked the system. I was a die-hard Nintendo kid. When the SNES was finally discontinued I was heart broken. A few years later I got an N64 but it wasn't the same.

Haven't owned a system since (I'm now 26). I don't like 3D gaming; 2D for life!

Best console of all time, but the PSX was a close second.

Comment

Working...
                      X