Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one that just cracks up at Khan choosing Paulie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its a good fight...malignaggi has way more pedigree at 140 then some of the fighters the ts mentions. I would like paulie over ortiz, maidana, and maybe even campbell who is an older fighter. Paulie has the style to beat all those guys, he is in his prime right now and is a good fighter plus more popular then the afformentioned fighters plus he is from new york so he brings something to the gate also. I think the only guys in the division that paulie can't beat are bradley, khan, and alexander so I would have him at no 4 or 5...so you could argue khan is fighting a top 5 guy and don't forget he is a former titlist himself

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
      gonna be so awesome if Paulie KTFO him
      funny thing is Pauile will probably get KO #6.

If mali lands that shot he did against diaz its lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
        I mean jesus christ it's ****ing hilarious that him being under fire about his glass chin, And he takes on 5 KO Paulie for his title defense instead of a top 5 JWW? .
        No man, Im with ya. Everyone knows if Paulie could crack at all the fight would never be made. They are just trying to position Khan for one big cash out fight.

Comment

Hes making his US debut, hes fighting the most marketable name other then himself at 140. I don't think its a ***** move, its simple business.

What he does next determines his legitimacy.
          Last edited by Slick_Rick; 04-21-2010, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
            Hes making his US debut, hes fighting the most marketable name other then himself at 140. I don't think its a ***** move, its simple business.

What he does next determines his legitimacy.
            Maidana got greatly known in the states for beating Victor Ortiz on HBO, thats a lame excuse to duck Maidana! Con ducked his mandatory Maidana for a fighter who couldn't crack an egg with his fists.

Comment

hes a former champion a the weight,has fought cotto and hatton and diaz,is a well known name,a tricky style to box agianst

and this was khans 2nd choice.

real fact is khan went for marquez,marquez ducked KHAN!.

people seem to remember what suits them,and believe "facts" that they like to believe.

hele fight maidana when time is right,the guys his mandatory and khan wants that belt so tha fight will happen soon if not next.

Comment

Originally posted by dvb View Post
                hele fight maidana when time is right,the guys his mandatory and khan wants that belt so tha fight will happen soon if not next.
                How is that fight going to ever happen if Bradley beats Maidana? Then Con's ppl use triangle theories to never fight Maidana!

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
                  Maidana got greatly known in the states for beating Victor Ortiz on HBO, thats a lame excuse to duck Maidana! Con ducked his mandatory Maidana for a fighter who couldn't crack an egg with his fists.
                  No one in the UK knows who Maidana is.
                  Malignaggi is a much bigger name then Maidana.
                  Maidana does not speak English, not great for marketing a debut.

Comment

I thought it was so Roach can punish Paulie for attacking Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyx19 View Post
                      I thought it was so Roach can punish Paulie for attacking Pacquiao.
                      No, thats the excuse they gave to avoid Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                      X