Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emanuel Steward's death has been confirmed by his sister.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emanuel Steward's death has been confirmed by his sister.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

Emanuel Steward's death was confirmed by his sister.

68 is young
    RIP

Such sad news.

Manny Steward was a grea, great ambassador to the sport of boxing. An incredible trainer, great fight analyst, and just a genuinely good guy.

The Kronk is really the world's most famous boxing gym and it is Manny's joint. That alone puts him with the legends....

Comment

That's the only site reporting his sister has confirmed it, i've been on detroit news and nothing about it on.

Comment

They took it down. I read that he is still alive but in critical condition.

Comment

Damn, it sounds like he's not got more than a few days even if he is still hanging on.

Steward always struck me as a real private type person, so that's why he's been so quiet about this, and probably told everybody he's close to, to keep quiet about it too. He doesn't want all the attention, and the "pity."

It's crazy. . Steward was in EXCELLENT physical condition for a man his age. Just goes to show you some things are going to happen regardless of how healthy, and active of a lifestyle you lead.

RIP Manny. If he's still hanging on to life, then keep fighting Manny. . . Unless you feel like it's your time. . Then rest in peace, and vaya con dios.

Comment

It's a tough time for Boxing right now. Losing Bert Sugar and now Emanuel Steward in a short timespan is a terrible blow. I am going to miss him. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Clips View Post
              They took it down. I read that he is still alive but in critical condition.
              Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              That's the only site reporting his sister has confirmed it, i've been on detroit news and nothing about it on.

this is the detroit news, one of the two major papers in the city. these journalists are professionals

this is not bscene. if they print something like that prematurely it can end their careers.

sources all over the world are confirming it now.

RIP manny.

Comment

this is awful in every definition of the word. RIP to an amazing man to the world and for boxing. He greatly helped our sport

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                  this is awful in every definition of the word. RIP to an amazing man to the world and for boxing. He greatly helped our sport

and just think of all the kids he got off the streets over the decades..

Comment

It's the end of an era. RIP.....

Comment

Working...
                    X