No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Jacobs draws massive TV ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs Jacobs draws massive TV ratings

God damn you Mexicans be watching some boxing. These are Superbowl numbers. Mexico got 1/3 the population this would be like over 90M viewers if they had the population size of the US.

According to ESPN Deportes, it was viewed in Mexico by 30.5 million fans. The broadcast was carried by the two biggest television channels in the country, Televisa and TV Azteca.

Those are very solid numbers; Especially on free network television. It's the reason why Canelo Alvarez is the cash cow of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      God damn you Mexicans be watching some boxing. These are Superbowl numbers. Mexico got 1/3 the population this would be like over 90M viewers if they had the population size of the US.

According to ESPN Deportes, it was viewed in Mexico by 30.5 million fans. The broadcast was carried by the two biggest television channels in the country, Televisa and TV Azteca.
      Whether hated or not in Mexico , he’ll bring the big numbers
      He is the Mexican Floyd , some people will tune in just to see him lose

Comment

Diehard GGG fans be like: “those ratings due because they wanted to see GGG sitting Mexican style front row.”

Comment

https://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-s...op-3-4--138761

... "In total there were 30.5 million fans who were watching the fight, and that is practically a quarter of the Mexican population, taking advantage of TV Azteca with 18.4 million viewers and 12.1 million watching Televisa."

Comment

Canelo is a crossover star in mexico, so thats not a shock.

Comment

Canelo vs Rocky Fielding did 26M viewers.

Comment

As I said in another thread the politics for DAZN landing in Mexico will be war, Televisa and Azteca won’t want it to happen

Comment

... I don't know how this works: does DAZN sell the TV rights for Mexico or U.K.?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... I don't know how this works: does DAZN sell the TV rights for Mexico or U.K.?
                    That’s a good question, I’m sure the massive Matchroom contract has that inclusively. Azteca boxing is the only type of broadcast that has real-time graphics and commercials. Annoying and tacky in my opinion but that’s how the money flows in that protocol

Comment

Working...
                    X