Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year did HBO sit GGG & Ward down for the meeting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're talking about 2013 when GGG's best win was probably Rosado and it was not at all a relavent fight. They knew it wasn't going to happen so they felt safe to call him out while getting some fearless doe points.

Anyway, you can ask HBO, two years ago they showed us a list of possibles, and Ward was on it; we said yes to all of them.
    http://ringt v.craveonline.com/news/394291-gennady-golovkins-search-for-tba-goes-on
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-07-2015, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Strange that every legit media outlet feels that GGG avoided Ward, yet the Golovkin damage control crew does everything possible to manipulate people into thinking GGG actually wants Ward. They know they're not fooling anyone so it's a bizarre NSB circle jerk where they tell normal boxing fans to stop talking about it, but they yank each other off in these little threads.
      Literally have no idea what you are talking about. What media outlets think Golovkin is ducking Ward? Seems more like posters on a forum talk.

And I don't think Golovkin wants him now, not saying he does, do think he did. Ward is a nobody now, he thinks he's still the shot caller he was before his hiatus but he's not, and when he was relevant he wasn't really looking to Golovkin, and I'm not saying that because he wanted to duck Golovkin, I think HBO was in the process of building Golovkin for that Ward fight. But now like I've said, Ward has become fairly irrelevant, he can barely make 168 and Golovkin has just as big fish in his own pond without having to get tied up into Ward's schedule, Golovkin likes to fight, Ward likes to procrastinate, It's even evident in his amatuer days where he'd sit out tournaments to asses, I'm assuming it's Virgil's influence.

To close, I don't think this fight ever had much of a chance of happening because of the "misfortune" that befell Ward. I don't think anyone ducked or is ducking anyone.
      Last edited by SplitSecond; 11-07-2015, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        They called their bluff in 2014? Ward didn't make his comeback till a year later, vs bum Smith with more tuneups in mind. Even his famous "offer" to GGG included intermediate tuneups
        And Team GGG rejected the offer and refused to negotiate. So again, boxing moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          They're talking about 2013 when GGG's best win was probably Rosado and it was not at all a relavent fight. They knew it wasn't going to happen so they felt safe to call him out.

http://ringt v.craveonline.com/news/394291-gennady-golovkins-search-for-tba-goes-on
          GGG fought four times in 2013, Stevens and Macklin for example. And Ward has been inactive since then.

So GGG called out Ward when GGG was already known in the USA and a very active HBO fighter, an undefeated middleweight champion and Ward was available to fight.

Ward said No.

Its all documented.

Ward never wanted to step into the ring with GGG in the past, now he became somewhat irrelevant in the boxing world as his last couple years show.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            GGG fought four times in 2013, Stevens and Macklin for example. And Ward has been inactive since then.

So GGG called out Ward when GGG was already known in the USA and a very active HBO fighter, an undefeated middleweight champion and Ward was available to fight.

Ward said No.

Its all documented.

Ward never wanted to step into the ring with GGG in the past, now he became somewhat irrelevant in the boxing world as his last couple years show.
            2 year from the date of the article was probably pre-macklin. GGG was coming of his mega Ishida PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              And Team GGG rejected the offer and refused to negotiate. So again, boxing moves on.
              In 2014? You dont know what youre talking about, again

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                2 year from the date of the article was probably pre-macklin. GGG was coming of his mega Ishida PPV.
                It's not, it's post Macklin. It's likely for the Rodriguez date, since HBO had a lot of money allocated for that not relevant Ward fight, and 1m woulda been a huge raise for GGG.

Comment

Golovkin was a nobody so it's understandable Ward saying no but funny how things turn around.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    In 2014? You dont know what youre talking about, again
                    The offer from Roc Nation. There was no counter or attempt to negotiate. Just a "maybe in 2017".

2014? It didn't make financial sense remember? Team GGG were never willing to risk their prized commodity.

Why can't you guys just let go of this? I thought you were happy with unifying 160?

Team GGG knew their place and it wasn't in the ring with Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post
                      Golovkin was a nobody so it's understandable Ward saying no but funny how things turn around.
                      More people likely knew Golovkin than Rodriguez. But with that said the fight needed seasoning regardless.

Golovkin vs Macklin & Stevens(happened in 2013) both hit 1 million viewers.

Comment

Working...
                      X