Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Reflects Back on Maidana's Fight Withdrawal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its realy a duck if someone is obviously the top challenge and biggest money fight and the fighter still finds a reason to not take it. May wit pac. Stevenson wit kovalev. Martinez wit GGG although not yet bc Cotto is bigger money fight. If he dont fight GGG nxt -its a duck. I really have a problem calling anything a duck unless ur top dog n ur division.

Comment

Originally posted by O.H. Canada View Post
      Didn't want to fight
      Unable to fight
      Could not fight
      Kinda looking for a tune up

Don't matter how you say it or what words you use, they didn't want no part of Thurman. Plain and simply put. The article posted a few comments back is as straight forward as the day is long. Stop being a biased supporter. They wanted an easy fight so they ducked Thurman for the time being. Simple. Holy **** some of you are just plain morons.
      Is there really a need for 3rd grade name calling? Coming off a big loss anyone is entitled to choose their fight a rebuild their career. A duck is if someone ducks the same fighter for some time. Not choosing a particular fight is not a duck. he avoided a fight not a duck. Not the same thing bc it wasnt a fight that should hav or needed to be made like the 3 i mentioned above

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Lets be honest here, thurman would get absolutely destroyed by a prime maidana.
        Your 1st words were "lets be honest here", you know damn well you weren't.

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Because facts go against their emotion filled opinion.
        Then here, I guess you did not realize that Chud was talking about (you), lol

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
          Seriously, did anybody even read this article?. Thurman admits that if he was in Maidana's shoes losing his first fight at WW, he would not have faced an unknown (at the time) Big punching WW who had also fought at JMW. he said he would have done the same as Maidana.

The big issue here for the July 2012 fight and Keith mentions it in the article is that Maidana wasn't even sure he was staying at WW and was just trying to get his love for the sport back.

Thurman doesn't seem to see it as a ***** move.
          ...learn to read between the lines. Thurman is full of himself, he thinks he is the greatest thing fighting, and rightfully so, he's supposed to be confident. It seems he's more saying that he would have ducked did the same thing as in, he is too dangerous for Maidana to fight. He is not saying it was ok, he was taking a shot at him by saying "smart move because i would have tuned you up if you DID decide to fight me" kinda thing.

Comment

Originally posted by O.H. Canada View Post
            Didn't want to fight
            Unable to fight
            Could not fight
            Kinda looking for a tune up

Don't matter how you say it or what words you use, they didn't want no part of Thurman. Plain and simply put. The article posted a few comments back is as straight forward as the day is long. Stop being a biased supporter. They wanted an easy fight so they ducked Thurman for the time being. Simple. Holy **** some of you are just plain morons.
            You thick ****.

Comment

thurman himself says he would have done the same that chino did. that's what i told the other they to some khan fan (whose name i can remember) chino sucked against alexander and you wanna put him with a JMW after just coming up from super lightweight? that makes a lot of sense

Comment

This is about as pathetic as saying Mayweather is ducking Khan

Comment

For a tough guy, Maidana sure has ducked a Whole lot of people

Comment

Oh so since, Thurman said he would've done the same that somehow changes the fact Maidana was ducking? If Thurman did that he too would have been called a duck. How is it any different?
                    Last edited by Box-Office; 05-03-2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Thurman should be reflecting back his own inferior resume. Eveyone was fighting better competition, while he was fighting laundromat workers. Where was he hiding all these years?

Comment

Working...
                      X