Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Fighters Do You Think Would Actually Be fun to Be Around?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've met David Haye and he is a nice guy and looks like a giant irl. If you know boxing he will chat with you like you're a friend.

Comment

Broner, Toney, Fury, Tyson

Crazy Coke parties lol

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        I've met Roy Jones a couple of times. He's very nice and enthusiastic about the sport.

Marquez is a cool dude too. I met him a few times one of the coolest was the Diaz fight in Houston. A friend of mine brought the robe and trunks from LA for the fight and we meet Nacho in the lobby and he calls Marquez and Marquez just says send everyone up to his room. They brought two pair of trunks and the stitching was wrong on both (they had the WBC belt logo and other errors so we had to get someone up to fix them). Got cool pics with Marquez, pics wearing the robe he wore for the fight, a signed pair of the trunks, signed gloves and photos and shot the **** with him for a while. He was very relaxed the night before a big fight. He kind of made fun of Oscar's performance against Pacquaio and seemed to not care to much for Barrera.

Perhaps the nicest fighter I've met is Tito Trinidad. He really appreciates his fans and you feel he is has a genuine warmth about him. Very humble dude. James Toney is funny and nice maybe I saw him in a good mood.

Most fighters I've met have been cool perhaps I'd like to meet Roberto Duran.
        Wow.

Great stories, man!

I've heard many time that Tito is very welcoming to fans. Would love to meet that guy one day.

WAR TITO!

Comment

Shawn Porter is a genuine nice dude, talked boxing with him for awhile. Spence seemed shy when I met him but was cool and took pics with me and the wife. Malignaggi was mad cool. Charlo bros seemed like dickheads and were trying to charge people for photos, and this was before they made any type of name for themselves. Hank Lundy is an all around cool and funny dude as well. GGG was mad cool, took time to kinda talk and take pics with every fan when I met him

Comment

I've met Roy Jones a couple of times. He's very nice and enthusiastic about the sport.

Marquez is a cool dude too. I met him a few times one of the coolest was the Diaz fight in Houston. A friend of mine brought the robe and trunks from LA for the fight and we meet Nacho in the lobby and he calls Marquez and Marquez just says send everyone up to his room. They brought two pair of trunks and the stitching was wrong on both (they had the WBC belt logo and other errors so we had to get someone up to fix them). Got cool pics with Marquez, pics wearing the robe he wore for the fight, a signed pair of the trunks, signed gloves and photos and shot the **** with him for a while. He was very relaxed the night before a big fight. He kind of made fun of Oscar's performance against Pacquaio and seemed to not care to much for Barrera.

Perhaps the nicest fighter I've met is Tito Trinidad. He really appreciates his fans and you feel he is has a genuine warmth about him. Very humble dude. James Toney is funny and nice maybe I saw him in a good mood.

I met Robert Duran outside of the Forum in Inglewood before the bletran vs miura fight last year. He was chill. Took time to take pictures with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              he comes across as grumpy in most vids i've seen him, though i find him funny

Never met him but Ive heard the same thing from multiple people over the last 15 years all saying they were surprised how friendly James Toney is in person. Either he is playing up a character in interviwers or he just dislikes interviewers.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                he comes across as grumpy in most vids i've seen him, though i find him funny

Never met him but Ive heard the same thing from multiple people over the last 15 years all saying they were surprised how friendly James Toney is in person. Either he is playing up a character in interviews or he just dislikes sports journalists cause he always comes across as a dick in those.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  I met Robert Duran outside of the Forum in Inglewood before the bletran vs miura fight last year. He was chill. Took time to take pictures with everyone.
                  That's the only Forum fight I missed since it re-opened. I was on vacation at the time. I love going to that venue even more than Stub Hub at least in the cooler times of the year.

Comment

Mike Tyson funnily enough I thought of how it would be in his company after seeing the hangover film other day, he seems like a cool bloke we'd be singing two hearts or one more time perhaps

Comment

Tim Tomashek & Brian Sutherland
                      Preferably together.

Comment

Working...
                      X