Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to give fighters credit?? why do fans use excuses so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hardcore fans live vicariously through their heroes. their hero loses, they lose. losing isnt easy to accept.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
      No.

Just the cherrypickers who fight nothing but tailor made no hopers and big names on paper only, like Floyd did for the last 10 years
      yet you entire profile is dedicated to Kovalev with a sig of him knocking out who???

Comment

i dont know, why dont you tell us your reasons for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Einstein View Post
          It seems like the same damn group of posters jumping fighter to fighter using excuses and refuses to ever give credit when the fighter they jump to loses or has a close fight.
          Can you name names?

Comment

Race is usually a factor...on both sides

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
              Floyd is a disgrace to boxing and he deserves zero credit for any of his fights after Oscar

his post-Oscar career is the finest example of "the art of cherrypicking in boxing"

you might give him a little credit for beating Hatton (out of Hatton's best weight), but that's it
              Wrongdeumundo. Floyd's legacy actually was vastly improved for what he did from 2009 on up. Where he dominated all those big ass young fighters. Floyd was too old to be fighting on that level. His best opponent is Canelo. Canelo was 22yrs old and 165lbs. Floyd was 150lbs and 37yrs old. Floyd walked him down and didnt get touched.

I have never seen a fighter like Mayweather ever in my life. And to be that dominate against opponents of that size and caliber, and youth, is unheard of in boxing. Greatest fighter in the history of the sport, and it aint close.

Comment

I don't know if it's a matter of giving credit. Some fans find it hard to admit they were wrong when it comes to their favorite fighters. Rather than give credit they find the anything to cling to the irrational belief they have about a fighter.

Comment

Working...
                X