No announcement yet.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fractures 3 ribs in fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    There should truly be an age limit for Supreme Court Justices for both Democrats and Republicans. Once you hit 75 it should be mandatory that you have to retire. Not only do you start losing your mental capabilities but people at that age also start becoming very out of touch with the general society.
    This, and term limits for Congress.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      There should truly be an age limit for Supreme Court Justices for both Democrats and Republicans. Once you hit 75 it should be mandatory that you have to retire. Not only do you start losing your mental capabilities but people at that age also start becoming very out of touch with the general society.
      Great post

Comment

Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
        Politicians are not to be trusted with a concept as fundamental to a fair society as impartiality of the judiciary. No matter what political allegiance you have.
        Fair enough.

So if not the way we do it now, how would you suggest we choose our judges?

Start with how you say we should choose our SC Justices, please.

Comment

Yours is but a young democracy. And perhaps you trust your politicians more than we do.
          When founded, we certainly didn't trust politicians.

Sadly, many of us do now.

Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            When founded, we certainly didn't trust politicians.

Sadly, many of us do now.

Where are you located?
            40m from Manchester. Usyk tickets for the weekend. But I have spent much time in the US. The US is so incredibly advanced in so many ways, but so backward in others. Just different I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
              This is where its important that we picked up more seats in the Senate. This time Trump will be able to go with who he wants without worrying about the Dems vote.
              The best government the UK had in my lifetime was a coalition of two very politically opposed parties (Libs and Cons of 2010) and yet they got ***** done.

Comment

40m from Manchester. Usyk tickets for the weekend. But I have spent much time in the US. The US is so incredibly advanced in so many ways, but so backward in others. Just different I guess.
                You indicated where you are from people dont trust politicians like we in the US do.

I ask because most other countries obviously trust their politicians than we do, as they've gave their politicians more power over their lives than we have.

Comment

The best government the UK had in my lifetime was a coalition of two very politically opposed parties (Libs and Cons of 2010) and yet they got ***** done.
                  Not always good things done, however.

They then let muslims in by the droves, and made it a crime for you people to speak your minds, for example. That's not good.

But when our parties get along we get hosed too. Bipartisanship gave us NAFTA, the bailouts, and Iran war.

Bipartisanship for the sake of bipartisanship is often times not only not a good thing, it's a bad thing for the populace.

Comment

Hand on heart: did Trump pursue the Presidency of the US to serve the people or to have the presidency serve him? John Major was the last PM that we had was working class who made his way up and your believed his heart was in the right place. And that was 20 years ago.

Comment

I hope her a speedy recovery but 85 is too old to be in any job.

Comment

Working...
                      X