No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Wilder-Ortiz, GGG-Derevyachenko, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    And Tito Trinidad's white trinks were a BLOODY mess!!! Oscar won that fight by 8 rounds EASILY??? Need a link and explain your rounds before 8 that Trinidad won??? I would LOVE to see you justify that???

it's best to nip dumb cards like that in the bud. Before they spread any further.
    What are you talking about, man? What cards? I've always said that Oscar deserved to win that fight.

Comment

You Fap Fap Boom and da Walwart, where you at cous!?

I like how Breadman mentions Toney and RJJ when contextualizing PEDS!

”But I want to touch on my view of Canelo. I think he’s a helluva fighter. I think he’s a HOF and he’s pushing ATG status with a another BIG win or two. But let me clear up the PED view.

I don’t like it when athletes cheat and Canelo’s performance Saturday night reinforces it from a different angle. Canelo doesn’t need PEDs to perform on the level. His body was not as vascular as it was in the first fight…. But Canelo was more confident for the rematch and he trained his butt off and he turned in a career best performance. But It doesn’t change my opinion that Canelo used PEDs in the past.

Let me tell you something. The public doesn’t look at the mediocre athletes who used PEDs. We focus on the elite. Lance Armstrong and Roger Clemons were already great athletes. They used PEDs because they pushed the envelope. They wanted to win at all cost. I know street guys who can fight. But they’ve shot guys in street fights because they wanted to insure victory. That’s how I feel about elite fighters who use PEDs for that extra edge. They don’t necessarily HAVE to use them, they WANT to. To be specific NO his meat consumption excuse is not validated by his performances. Cheating is cheating. The only thing that it validates is Canelo can fight CLEAN and still be great.

I’ve always said that Canelo could hang with GGG but I favored GGG up until this rematch. I thought they matched up like Toney vs Jirov. With Canelo being Toney and GGG being Jirov. I feel strongly that Canelo used PEDs but he showed us he can do it without them. Hopefully this performance gives him confidence in his NATURAL abilities. And he stays clean for the rest of his career. The telling sign will be if he PAYS for VADA all year around and him being the A side will he require ALL future opponents to test.

As for the coaches I think the media and public are eating crow. Many said that Canelo should fire his coaches after Canelo lost to Floyd Mayweather. How ridiculous is that? I don’t want to compare Reynoso and Sanchez. Sanchez is about 20 years older so he’s had more opportunities to coach more fighters, so of course he will have worked with more champions. I also don’t get into the narrative when a broadcast says a coach has worked with a certain of amount of world champions. That’s an OVERRATED stat. I think that the networks should research better and give us statistics of who the coach actually won championships with. Who they were the head trainer in the corner with the night they won a title. It’s a big difference. Good catch.

That being said I think Sanchez is one of best and established coaches in the game. I think Reynoso is a fantastic young coach. You can see Reynoso’s adjustments in Canelo. It’s obvious. It’s easier to see a TACTICAL adjustment because the fighter applies it earlier in the fight. An INSTINCTIVE adjustment happens much later.

Depending on the style I think they’re both excellent coaches. But I don’t care if Reynoso only has had Canelo. He’s doing a tremendous job with him. Sometimes a coach doesn’t want too many fighters. Sometimes they don’t have the opportunity to work with too many fighters. There are lots of reasons to consider.

As far as the altitude. I’m no scientist. But from my research and talking to people I believe that are experts. I’ve been told that it’s better to train in altitude and rest at sea level. But I’m not going to 2nd guess anything that TEAM GGG does. He’s a HOF for crying out loud. I do notice he gets tired but my goodness is he determined. His late round comeback was almost epic.

Here is what I observed about GGG. He’s more Kostya Tszyu and Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. If you look at his amateur bouts, you will see he was a prober, a jabber and right hand thrower. As a pro he settled in more and became more of a hooker. But if you notice vs elite he goes back to his instincts which is that great timing JAB. I do believe it’s a mistake to label a fighter as far as fighting a certain style because sometimes you can’t do certain things to certain people. Expectations were GGG should be able to push Canelo backwards. But I noticed something about GGG. This will surprise some. He’s a devastating puncher but he’s not as physically strong as some would think. There is a difference between physical strength and punching power.

GGG stalks his opponents because they are usually afraid of his power. Or at least respect it too much. Make no mistake GGG is an all time puncher. But here is the kicker. He only moves forward when his opponents move backwards. If you hold your grown, he moves around you and hits you with a jab. Watch him very close. Max Kellerman made a great call when he said GGG needs to execute like Chavez did vs Rosario. Chavez held Rosario on the ropes. He pushed him back and he wrecked him. GGG does not push you back and hold you in place. His craft is applied differently.

Canelo and his team recognized this and they also noticed that GGG is a little intimidated by Canelo’s hand speed and counter punching. So he doesn’t open up with heavy shots. GGG mostly throws a jab and touch shots or stick punches which are harder to counter. GGG can’t go to Canelo’s body not by choice but by Canelo’s prowess in counter punching.

Here is the kicker. I think expectations did cause the fight to be scored against GGG. So Roy Jones was correct in a sense. But I don’t think that’s fair. A fighter has a right to fight whatever style he wants in order to win. All of this who fights on the front foot should win, is hog wash. The winner of the fight is who is more EFFECTIVE in more rounds. PERIOD. People keep changing the scoring criterion. I also think that Canelo used Team GGG comments against them. He was smart. They kept telling him to not run and he didn’t and the public sided with him because of style. But just like Canelo is given credit for holding his ground. We should give GGG credit because he was called ONE dimensional. GGG boxed well. He was pressured but he didn’t run and he didn’t get held on the ropes. I don’t know maybe I’m too fair and I remember everything both sides said.

As great as Canelo fought, my naked eye score card was a DRAW. I was at a fight party where the host asked what everyone scored after each round. I strongly feel Canelo won 6 or 7 rounds. And GGG won 5 or 6 rounds.

I think GGG is where Roman Gonzalez was before the SRR fights. He’s slipping but still great. I think GGG was hurt and suffering and his will power is next level. For him to pull even after taking that type of beating is remarkable. But another hard training camp can push him over the edge. Everyone has a breaking point. Keep that mind. I thought GGG was going to get stopped after the 7th. I still can’t believe he rallied the way he did. What a DOG! He’s truly Dead Game.

Canelo has impressed the masses more with his performance. But a fight is not judged like that. It’s judged on math. Simply the adding of 12 separate rounds. If you go by mathematics the fight was most likely a draw but you leave more impressed by Canelo.

I don’t think the judges were bad. I think they did a good job although I think GGG won the last round. If the last round is scored for GGG then all 3 scorecards would have been 114-114. Which is very uncommon. That’s the only peculiar thing to me. Other than that they did a solid job.

I think Canelo gets the benefit of the doubt because he’s electric. His punches sound and look different. He has charisma in his attack. Where as GGG fights at one speed. Very monotonous. I would assume Canelo does more explosive sprints while training but I don’t know it. Just a guess.

From here I think GGG takes a rest. I don’t think he retires because the majority of the experts still feel he’s an undefeated fighter. Just a struggling one. I think GGG needs to be very careful in his next fight. I think he needs to fight a style that he matches up better against. If I was GGG I would face Erislandy Lara. Lara won’t push GGG back or hold his ground as much as Canelo did. He also doesn’t punch in combination to the head and body. I’m not saying Lara can’t win because Lara is elite also and we don’t know how much Canelo took out of GGG. But it’s just better stylistically. If GGG fights Canelo again in Canelo’s current form he’s going to get hurt and hurt bad. He may even be stopped for the 1st time of his career.

Canelo can take on the world. Although I think it was a DRAW I can see Canelo’s skillset flourishing. There are fights I think are even but not one fighter I favor over Canelo. Canelo can bump and if he shows up in the same form he’s going to be really hard to beat. I think he will fight and ko Lemueix in his next fight but he can fight any of the top guns. I would love to see him vs the 160 Charlo. That’s a tremendous 50/50 fight.” - Breadman Edwards, Sept. 22 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        didn't say those 3 wins weren't or won't be significant, but I think we can all agree that Cotto, ggg and Kovalev had all seen better days by the time Canelo faced them. Unless you're Hopkins, you're not the same fighter at 36 anymore. That applies to all sports but especially boxing.
        And we just saw the big brother Biev give the lil brother a beating???

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post

”But I want to touch on my view of Canelo. I think he’s a helluva fighter. I think he’s a HOF and he’s pushing ATG status with a another BIG win or two. But let me clear up the PED view.

I don’t like it when athletes cheat and Canelo’s performance Saturday night reinforces it from a different angle. Canelo doesn’t need PEDs to perform on the level. His body was not as vascular as it was in the first fight…. But Canelo was more confident for the rematch and he trained his butt off and he turned in a career best performance. But It doesn’t change my opinion that Canelo used PEDs in the past.

Let me tell you something. The public doesn’t look at the mediocre athletes who used PEDs. We focus on the elite. Lance Armstrong and Roger Clemons were already great athletes. They used PEDs because they pushed the envelope. They wanted to win at all cost. I know street guys who can fight. But they’ve shot guys in street fights because they wanted to insure victory. That’s how I feel about elite fighters who use PEDs for that extra edge. They don’t necessarily HAVE to use them, they WANT to. To be specific NO his meat consumption excuse is not validated by his performances. Cheating is cheating. The only thing that it validates is Canelo can fight CLEAN and still be great.

I’ve always said that Canelo could hang with GGG but I favored GGG up until this rematch. I thought they matched up like Toney vs Jirov. With Canelo being Toney and GGG being Jirov. I feel strongly that Canelo used PEDs but he showed us he can do it without them. Hopefully this performance gives him confidence in his NATURAL abilities. And he stays clean for the rest of his career. The telling sign will be if he PAYS for VADA all year around and him being the A side will he require ALL future opponents to test.

As for the coaches I think the media and public are eating crow. Many said that Canelo should fire his coaches after Canelo lost to Floyd Mayweather. How ridiculous is that? I don’t want to compare Reynoso and Sanchez. Sanchez is about 20 years older so he’s had more opportunities to coach more fighters, so of course he will have worked with more champions. I also don’t get into the narrative when a broadcast says a coach has worked with a certain of amount of world champions. That’s an OVERRATED stat. I think that the networks should research better and give us statistics of who the coach actually won championships with. Who they were the head trainer in the corner with the night they won a title. It’s a big difference. Good catch.

That being said I think Sanchez is one of best and established coaches in the game. I think Reynoso is a fantastic young coach. You can see Reynoso’s adjustments in Canelo. It’s obvious. It’s easier to see a TACTICAL adjustment because the fighter applies it earlier in the fight. An INSTINCTIVE adjustment happens much later.

Depending on the style I think they’re both excellent coaches. But I don’t care if Reynoso only has had Canelo. He’s doing a tremendous job with him. Sometimes a coach doesn’t want too many fighters. Sometimes they don’t have the opportunity to work with too many fighters. There are lots of reasons to consider.

As far as the altitude. I’m no scientist. But from my research and talking to people I believe that are experts. I’ve been told that it’s better to train in altitude and rest at sea level. But I’m not going to 2nd guess anything that TEAM GGG does. He’s a HOF for crying out loud. I do notice he gets tired but my goodness is he determined. His late round comeback was almost epic.

Here is what I observed about GGG. He’s more Kostya Tszyu and Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. If you look at his amateur bouts, you will see he was a prober, a jabber and right hand thrower. As a pro he settled in more and became more of a hooker. But if you notice vs elite he goes back to his instincts which is that great timing JAB. I do believe it’s a mistake to label a fighter as far as fighting a certain style because sometimes you can’t do certain things to certain people. Expectations were GGG should be able to push Canelo backwards. But I noticed something about GGG. This will surprise some. He’s a devastating puncher but he’s not as physically strong as some would think. There is a difference between physical strength and punching power.

GGG stalks his opponents because they are usually afraid of his power. Or at least respect it too much. Make no mistake GGG is an all time puncher. But here is the kicker. He only moves forward when his opponents move backwards. If you hold your grown, he moves around you and hits you with a jab. Watch him very close. Max Kellerman made a great call when he said GGG needs to execute like Chavez did vs Rosario. Chavez held Rosario on the ropes. He pushed him back and he wrecked him. GGG does not push you back and hold you in place. His craft is applied differently.

Canelo and his team recognized this and they also noticed that GGG is a little intimidated by Canelo’s hand speed and counter punching. So he doesn’t open up with heavy shots. GGG mostly throws a jab and touch shots or stick punches which are harder to counter. GGG can’t go to Canelo’s body not by choice but by Canelo’s prowess in counter punching.

Here is the kicker. I think expectations did cause the fight to be scored against GGG. So Roy Jones was correct in a sense. But I don’t think that’s fair. A fighter has a right to fight whatever style he wants in order to win. All of this who fights on the front foot should win, is hog wash. The winner of the fight is who is more EFFECTIVE in more rounds. PERIOD. People keep changing the scoring criterion. I also think that Canelo used Team GGG comments against them. He was smart. They kept telling him to not run and he didn’t and the public sided with him because of style. But just like Canelo is given credit for holding his ground. We should give GGG credit because he was called ONE dimensional. GGG boxed well. He was pressured but he didn’t run and he didn’t get held on the ropes. I don’t know maybe I’m too fair and I remember everything both sides said.

As great as Canelo fought, my naked eye score card was a DRAW. I was at a fight party where the host asked what everyone scored after each round. I strongly feel Canelo won 6 or 7 rounds. And GGG won 5 or 6 rounds.

I think GGG is where Roman Gonzalez was before the SRR fights. He’s slipping but still great. I think GGG was hurt and suffering and his will power is next level. For him to pull even after taking that type of beating is remarkable. But another hard training camp can push him over the edge. Everyone has a breaking point. Keep that mind. I thought GGG was going to get stopped after the 7th. I still can’t believe he rallied the way he did. What a DOG! He’s truly Dead Game.

Canelo has impressed the masses more with his performance. But a fight is not judged like that. It’s judged on math. Simply the adding of 12 separate rounds. If you go by mathematics the fight was most likely a draw but you leave more impressed by Canelo.

I don’t think the judges were bad. I think they did a good job although I think GGG won the last round. If the last round is scored for GGG then all 3 scorecards would have been 114-114. Which is very uncommon. That’s the only peculiar thing to me. Other than that they did a solid job.

I think Canelo gets the benefit of the doubt because he’s electric. His punches sound and look different. He has charisma in his attack. Where as GGG fights at one speed. Very monotonous. I would assume Canelo does more explosive sprints while training but I don’t know it. Just a guess.

From here I think GGG takes a rest. I don’t think he retires because the majority of the experts still feel he’s an undefeated fighter. Just a struggling one. I think GGG needs to be very careful in his next fight. I think he needs to fight a style that he matches up better against. If I was GGG I would face Erislandy Lara. Lara won’t push GGG back or hold his ground as much as Canelo did. He also doesn’t punch in combination to the head and body. I’m not saying Lara can’t win because Lara is elite also and we don’t know how much Canelo took out of GGG. But it’s just better stylistically. If GGG fights Canelo again in Canelo’s current form he’s going to get hurt and hurt bad. He may even be stopped for the 1st time of his career.

Canelo can take on the world. Although I think it was a DRAW I can see Canelo’s skillset flourishing. There are fights I think are even but not one fighter I favor over Canelo. Canelo can bump and if he shows up in the same form he’s going to be really hard to beat. I think he will fight and ko Lemueix in his next fight but he can fight any of the top guns. I would love to see him vs the 160 Charlo. That’s a tremendous 50/50 fight.” - Breadman Edwards, Sept. 22 2018
          Because I can PERSONALLY tell you his hits shake the ring and you hear and feel the ring shake if you got good enough seats. TV don't let you feel that. And also when he fought Lara I kept looking over and they were 99% rubbing his body down in between rounds and he looked visibly hurt when they did it... Judges see and feel ALL that!!!

Comment

Lol edwards is an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              It think I wrote almost the same thing you did and was blasted to say when “old” was lol.. But with these Euro’s and Asians going pro close to 30 and looking GREAT?? I STFU

Biev is 34 other homeboy was like 32?
              I do think there's a difference if you start your pro career later though. Less wear and tear, you likely haven't been in any wars or multiple grueling training camps. But if you're 36 and have been a pro for over a decade, you're likely on the slide.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post

who the fk are you writing to or even writing about? Nobody is reading all this irrelevant bulls**t. Clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  who the fk are you writing to or even writing about? Nobody is reading all this irrelevant bulls**t. Clown.
                  Lol.

Breadman wrote that, cous!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                    Yeah i know. The JRock win was a good win for Charlo but that still doesn't put him up there as one of the best punchers in boxing..
                    Did somebody take over this guy's account or what? He usually doesn't get through 10 words without claiming he's going to show up and beat somebody's ass or suck someone's dick.

Comment

Originally posted by buge View Post
                      Did somebody take over this guy's account or what? He usually doesn't get through 10 words without claiming he's going to show up and beat somebody's ass or suck someone's dick.
                      I'll beat someone's ass and knock them out and you can suck they're dick as they're knocked out is what you meant to say...
                      We all knew you was a F A G G

Comment

Working...
                      X