Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Boxing Story of the Year: Pac over Thurman or Ruiz over Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    Okay, now I'm very confused...
    Andy, the antithesis of how a professional athlete should look, was a last minute replacement and huge under dog.

I can't see how Pac beating 1X by SD beats Andy's win.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      Andy, the antithesis of how a professional athlete should look, was a last minute replacement and huge under dog.

I can't see how Pac beating 1X by SD beats Andy's win.
      Ah, think about it. Looks are overrated. Buster had mega-tatas when he beat Iron Mike.

Shlt happens.

Pac and Thurman were actually in shape and Thurman was a proven, much younger champion and somehow, 40-year-old Pac pulled it off. I think that's a shade better but it's close...

At heavyweight, fatties are dangerous. At the other weights, you're not allowed to be a fatty.

Comment

Ah, think about it. Looks are overrated. Buster had mega-tatas when he beat Iron Mike.

Shlt happens.

Pac and Thurman were actually in shape and Thurman was a proven, much younger champion and somehow, 40-year-old Pac pulled it off. I think that's a shade better but it's close...

At heavyweight, fatties are dangerous. At the other weights, you're not allowed to be a fatty.
        Ok but 1X was a champ and so was Pac.

I guess we have different point of views.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
          Ok but 1X was a champ and so was Pac.

I guess we have different point of views.
          You're a strange man, Curtis.

I'm not gonna lie.

Comment

I've been rather disappointed in the first half of the year tbh. However, I did quite enjoy both of these fights and the stories that surrounded them. The great Pac proving he's as legendary as they come by beating a legit 30-year-old unbeaten Thurman for the title and becoming the oldest man to do so at welter. But then, Ruiz coming out of nowhere to smash the unbeaten Joshua blew me away, too. It's hard to pick, but I think I'll go with Pac. He's earned it. He's earned everything in boxing honestly. But if you go the other way, I totally understand.
            For best story of the year I have to go with Andy Ruiz. The "mom we don't have to struggle no more thanks to GOD" bit really hit many in their feels.
            Last edited by JERMELL_CHARLO_; 07-23-2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X