Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRIME Kirkland vs Errol Spence Jr. @ 154 - who wins?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kirkland could punch but doesn't qualify for mention in these discussions

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      Kirkland has good defensive movement when he's focused. When he gets carried away he's an easy target on his bull rush.

But still, does the Kirkland that beat Brian Vera beat Spence at 154?
      Mmmm. I forgot about the Vera win... on Brian's best day that's probably roughly equal to beating Angulo.

The answer to your question is no. No version of Kirkland beats the current version of Spence or any version after maybe his first half dozen or so pro fights. It's possible a younger pre 2014/5 Spence might have lacked the composure and physical strength to deal with the kind of onslaught Kirkland brought, but even then I wouldn't bet on it. In the skills department there is levels separating them.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Mmmm. I forgot about the Vera win... on Brian's best day that's probably roughly equal to beating Angulo.

The answer to your question is no. No version of Kirkland beats the current version of Spence or any version after maybe his first half dozen or so pro fights. It's possible a younger pre 2014/5 Spence might have lacked the composure and physical strength to deal with the kind of onslaught Kirkland brought, but even then I wouldn't bet on it.
        I agree. thanks for acknowledging this. Many Canelo haters say Canelo ''chose'' an inactive Kirkland or had Anne Wolfe been on his side... etc..lol

No version of Kirkland beats Canelo. Kirkland got dropped and fought stupid with Conyers...Full Anne Wolfe and all, doesn't matter.

Comment

I agree. thanks for acknowledging this. Many Canelo haters say Canelo ''chose'' an inactive Kirkland or had Anne Wolfe been on his side... etc..lol

No version of Kirkland beats Canelo. Kirkland got dropped and fought stupid with Conyers...Full Anne Wolfe and all, doesn't matter.
          Ah the ol' bait n switch huh?

Course you're entitled to draw what conclusions you will from what I said, but I'll give my opinion on that too if you like.

I'd put the same caveat on Canelo fighting a Kirkland as I would on Spence fighting him - a younger (pre Trout say) Canelo might lack the composure or physical strength and Kirkland might land something - but yeah, I'd highly favour any Canelo to beat any Kirkland. However that does not preclude the idea that Canelo also chose a version of Kirkland who had blown up to 200 odd Lbs and been inactive for what... 18 months? All fights entail risk and it's not a sleight on Canelo (and in fact one can credit his management with some great matchmaking) that his resume contains many well recognised names that were often fought when they were no longer at their best. Even allowing for that, the ginger dude still probably has the best active resume there is, it's just not quite as dazzling as it might appear at a glance.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-21-2019, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Who was more heavy handed?
            I don't come to this paradise(hell hole) of NSB much any more but how the hell u have over 2000 post in 3 and a half months. Over 500 post a month.

Then I notice ur a provocative Kunt are u. Gawd damn son. Get a hobby. Get a job, some coochie or something.

Comment

Kirkland was definitely a mini version of Tyson in the sense that in many times even though they'd get caught, they never seriously understood the implications of future cerebral nerve damage and the depletion of permanently destroyed cells. Some cells don't reproduce.

Even Toney, Holyfield, Bowe...

These guys weren't too defensively sound at all times even though one from the other had great defense.

It's a think that Floyd seriously preached throughout his career. Even Canelo vs GGG 1, Canelo preferred to move like Leonard vs Hagler. In the second fight Canelo had to take risks because that was the narrative that ESPN Spanish had layed on him. Canelo could simply not fought as he did in the first fight, and most likely the judges would've have agreed as well.
              Did u just say Tyson didn't have good defense?!

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
                Did u just say Tyson didn't have good defense?!
                Did you watch Tyson fights? I said he could get tagged coming forward. Lennox Lewis and Ruddock focused on uppercuts with his rushing

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Ah the ol' bait n switch huh?

Course you're entitled to draw what conclusions you will from what I said, but I'll give my opinion on that too if you like.

I'd put the same caveat on Canelo fighting a Kirkland as I would on Spence fighting him - a younger (pre Trout say) Canelo might lack the composure or physical strength and Kirkland might land something - but yeah, I'd highly favour any Canelo to beat any Kirkland. However that does not preclude the idea that Canelo also chose a version of Kirkland who had blown up to 200 odd Lbs and been inactive for what... 18 months? All fights entail risk and it's not a sleight on Canelo (and in fact one can credit his management with some great matchmaking) that his resume contains many well recognised names that were often fought when they were no longer at their best. Even allowing for that, the ginger dude still probably has the best active resume there is, it's just not quite as dazzling as it might appear at a glance.
                  Conyers is the GOAT doe

Comment

Conyers is the GOAT doe
                    Ishida, I would have said.

Comment

Did you watch Tyson fights? I said he could get tagged coming forward. Lennox Lewis and Ruddock focused on uppercuts with his rushing
                      U talking bout coke head. No head movement, way over the hill Tyson? I understand I'm kind of old but come on. Since when do we judge fighters after they are way past prime?

Tyson was a master on defense. Supreme head movement and countering while making u miss.

Comment

Working...
                      X