No announcement yet.

Bernie says No to cash reparations on The Breakfast Club

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I don't disagree. In NY it is free now. Happened just before I moved a year or two ago. If I'd have stayed I'd been halfway to some degree by now cuz I'd have taken them up on it just for the f#ck of it.

If that spreads I think in 10-40 years when reparations do come it could come in the way of specialized training for specific jobs in the surely more "robot" influenced work place of the future.

Mfers gonna be saying they 3% black trying to Elizabeth Warren their way into some free job training in 2052 lol.
    This is why it will never work. Dems said people can identify as what they want. Then we have DNA and what percentage of Americans have AA blood in them? I would bet a awful lot. Yeah good luck forking out those checks.

So we want a 90 trillion bill for green bills. Then we want open boarders. Then we want free health care. Then we want to be paid for nothing.
    Now this? Yeah, this will pass lol.

Where's all this money going to come from? To make matters worse robotics are taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
      This is why it will never work. Dems said people can identify as what they want. Then we have DNA and what percentage of Americans have AA blood in them?
      Obviously those two things don't work together & I'm sure they'll be some "identifying" black people very upset about this, but I think it'll happen probably within the next 50 years or less....waaaaaaay f#cking late. America shoulda handed out 40 acres & a mule back in the day & this sh^t wouldn't even been talked about today.

So we want a 90 trillion bill for green bills. Then we want open boarders. Then we want free health care. Then we want to be paid for nothing.
      Now this? Yeah, this will pass lol.
      This climate sh^t will come to a head eventually, at a bargain at any price, cuz if climate change becomes more of a problem we'll have to figure it out. Arizona becoming ocean front property will insure that.

Free health care ain't happening. The medical & pharma industries have too much power.

Open borders ain't happening either we all know that.

To make matters worse robotics are taking over.
      Agree, but I think there will still be jobs people can be trained for the forseeable future. I don't think we are THAT close to a factory's being entirely automated any time soon. Granted Amazon or others could be doing that sooner than others but I don't see it coming that soon.

Plus I expect backlash to come sooner or later. So I won't be surprised if there are laws passed that to do business in the US x% of your work needs to be done by human employees. And I've been saying forever if automation takes over then the economy is going to crash cuz if ~80% of people lose their jobs to robots then who's buying all these products & services these robots are providing? Doesn't work. Either laws need to be passed to retain human employees or basic income will need to become most citizens reality or money will suddenly be unimportant for some reason. And I would seriously bet against the 3rd option & cuz most people see the 2nd option as a type of welfare option 1 is probably the most likely option will be looking at in the next half century.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        When did reparations talk re-ignite anyway? I don't remember this much about it even during the Obama days
        I think it's brought up every Feb......

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
          I think it's brought up every Feb......
          Right around election time. Dems love to promise the world to get votes.

Comment

Yea well they owe me for my African slave ancestors and my native slave ancestors. They also owe me for having to live in a colony.

F U Bernie, ya closet racist

While I think it'd be best to develop all sorts of positive things for minorities, instead of just handing checks out point blank, I know this is his way of getting around actually having to commit to something. Haven't seen the interview, but I smell a racist!

Comment

Right around election time. Dems love to promise the world to get votes.
              I'm not reparating nobody. My family tree is clean of guilt.

Comment

I'm not reparating nobody. My family tree is clean of guilt.
                Lol no worries it will never happen.

Comment

Lol no worries it will never happen.
                  When times were less guilt driven, I'd agree. Nowadays, who knows ?

You can't call a man wearing makeup a man, men who wear makeup can use the girls bathroom, we're in 2019, mules and acres are still be discussed.....

Comment

When times were less guilt driven, I'd agree. Nowadays, who knows ?

You can't call a man wearing makeup a man, men who wear makeup can use the girls bathroom, we're in 2019, mules and acres are still be discussed.....
                    True, but with the trillions in debt we have and the long list of spending the Dems want to do on green issues theres just no money. We are broke.

Comment

True, but with the trillions in debt we have and the long list of spending the Dems want to do on green issues theres just no money. We are broke.
                      Phew........

Comment

Working...
                      X