No announcement yet.

I thought AJ wanted to make UK the home of boxing - Why he going to USA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought AJ wanted to make UK the home of boxing - Why he going to USA

SMH, I respected him because he and eddie earns kept saying about the wilder fight that they didn’t want to go to the US and that they wanted to make the UK the home of boxing. Saying about the wilder fight: ‘Gone are the days where fighters have to go the US, now we will fight all our fights in the UK’

One interview AJ says: ‘Nah man I’m all about my fans at home, why should I make them travel to the US when I can fight in the uk, I’ll be fighting all my fights in the uk’

Why’s he gone to fight this fat guy in the US. What happened to making the uk the home of boxing, smh he’s left us, he’s abandoned us for the Americans!

This is first AJ fight I can’t go to.

Whatever he does youll all want him to do the opposite....

Comment

Times have changed. In all fairness, Hearn has to manage Jacobs and Andrade whom are also East Coast Ameriker Champs. So Hearn is in a win win situation. Not sure if Jacobs would agree as a co-main for an AJ fight, but Andrade should. It helps DAZN as well.

Comment

He would have to go stateside one day. That’s how it happens for a lot of British fighters, unless they don’t have a following or a base here. Hatton had a huge following but he had Mayweather and Pacman who were huge in America which means more money, unfortunately for Joshua no HW are bigger than him currently. If they had someone as big as him in America then he would probably had try to make his debut there. But making his debut after only 22 fights isn’t bad.

Comment

I went to AJ vs Martin and AJ vs Vlad.. I will be going to this one as New York is easy direct flights from UK plus good match up so should be interesting.

Comment

guys can we please understand how boxing works so we can save time? joshua would have had to fight on wilders card meaning wilder was the lead promoter meaning wilder had control over picking all the officials. this crucial aspect and dynamic plays out over and over again in boxing. joshua vs wilder and joshua vs miller are not the same dynamic at all.

in joshua vs miller joshua has all that control still. giving up that control is the number one way to lose in boxing(and hurt future earnings) and once you have it you never ever want to do get rid of it and put yourself at risk. same reason wilder rejected a career high to fight joshua. he didnt want to give up that control(that control paid off vs fury). look at guys like ward and canelo. they never gave it up and they literally can't lose. the one time canelo did give it up...loss

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              guys can we please understand how boxing works so we can save time? joshua would have had to fight on wilders card meaning wilder was the lead promoter meaning wilder had control over picking all the officials. this crucial aspect and dynamic plays out over and over again in boxing. joshua vs wilder and joshua vs miller are not the same dynamic at all.

in joshua vs miller joshua has all that control still. giving up that control is the number one way to lose in boxing(and hurt future earnings) and once you have it you never ever want to do get rid of it and put yourself at risk. same reason wilder rejected a career high to fight joshua. he didnt want to give up that control. look at guys like ward and canelo. they never gave it up and they literally can't lose. the one time canelo did give it up...loss
              You ain't lyin

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
                SMH, I respected him because he and eddie earns kept saying about the wilder fight that they didn’t want to go to the US and that they wanted to make the UK the home of boxing. Saying about the wilder fight: ‘Gone are the days where fighters have to go the US, now we will fight all our fights in the UK’

One interview AJ says: ‘Nah man I’m all about my fans at home, why should I make them travel to the US when I can fight in the uk, I’ll be fighting all my fights in the uk’

Why’s he gone to fight this fat guy in the US. What happened to making the uk the home of boxing, smh he’s left us, he’s abandoned us for the Americans!

This is first AJ fight I can’t go to.
                What the fight at home. He will be back next fight. The UK is an important boxing place but the USA is more important and AJ can't change that. His fights will be big in the UK but he only fights twice a year.

Comment

Sorry about the mistake. I meant to say watch the fight in the comfort of your home.

Comment

AJ had a big slice of humble pie on December 1st tbh

Comment

Working...
                    X