Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your fav and least fav American sports?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WNBA is the only sport I care about. I don't even like boxing, I just cheer for fighters with the flashiest jewelry and whatever promoter and network they fight for.

Comment

Some good responses. I see quite a few dislike football (soccer) Maybe due to being American and the quite low standard of the MLS. America has plenty of elite sportsman, but not really in soccer. The english premier league is a great mix of quality and entertainment once you get into it. But for me, nothing beats the drama of a great boxing fight. Such as lately, Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder.

Comment

I only watch Boxing and Baseball.

American Football and Soccer sucks. Fuk football sht is so boring.

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
          Some good responses. I see quite a few dislike football (soccer) Maybe due to being American and the quite low standard of the MLS. America has plenty of elite sportsman, but not really in soccer. The english premier league is a great mix of quality and entertainment once you get into it. But for me, nothing beats the drama of a great boxing fight. Such as lately, Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder.
          What I don't like about soccer:
          1. Ties. The NHL got rid of them, there are no ties in basketball, baseball, or lacrosse. They happen in the NFL but it's very uncommon. Ties suck. Period. Team sports especially should have winners and losers.

2. The clock rules. Just stop the damn clock when you have to instead of playing an arbitrary amount of "stoppage time" at the end of the game, so nobody really knows exactly how much time is left in the game. And since the clock counts up, if you don't already know how long the game is as a fan you have no clue how long the clock will be counting up. The clock works relatively the same way in every other team sport except baseball. Soccer has to be stupid about it.

3. Flopping. Happens in every sport but it's worst in soccer.

4. Aggregate scoring. Nothing is worse than watching a team play to not lose by 2 goals because they won the first leg of an aggregate by 2. Every team should always have the incentive to win every game, straight up.

Comment

Some good responses. I see quite a few dislike football (soccer) Maybe due to being American and the quite low standard of the MLS.
            Couldn't it be simply because they dislike the sport? I can't stand football/soccer personally and it has nothing to do with Canada not being represented. The pace and anticlimactic nature of the sport are why I can't get into it.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
              So an American sport that the participants are 85% black doesn't appeal to you? I wonder why that is...........
              Bullcrap!. I have watched the NBA for more than 20 years and the 3-point, no defence crap they have served up in the last 5 years is absolutely dire.

And stop the crap about race. It is simply idiotic that seemingly everything has to about race for some posters.
              Last edited by Rustyman; 01-01-2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                Couldn't it be simply because they dislike the sport? I can't stand football/soccer personally and it has nothing to do with Canada not being represented. The pace and anticlimactic nature of the sport are why I can't get into it.
                Definitely can be, of course. But for example, I'd watch the NBA a lot here if it was on at a better time, but wouldn't watch UK basketball league due to much inferior standard. So just thinking some people might be of the same people, but not all of course.

Comment

Definitely can be, of course. But for example, I'd watch the NBA a lot here if it was on at a better time, but wouldn't watch UK basketball league due to much inferior standard. So just thinking some people might be of the same people, but not all of course.
                  I could see that. Americans tend to prefer sports where they're being represented, but I could understand why some wouldn't like the sport. For instance, there are a lot of top American players in the NHL and America tends to do pretty well on the world stage. And most of the hockey teams are American, but most American sport fans still can't get into it.

Comment

Needs to be violent. Boxing, Ufc and football. Everything else is least favorite.

Comment

NFL/NCAA Football is #1 for me

I could careless about Tennis and Hockey

Comment

Working...
                      X