No announcement yet.

Barack Obama finessed the Republican Party

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Barack Obama finessed the Republican Party

Believe it or not I used to be fairly conservative. More libertarian leaning and still hold a lot of their views especially on civil rights, drug war, and resisting the police state. The last President I voted for was George W. Bush in 2000. I've voted in presidential primaries (Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders) but haven't voted in a general election since.

The Republican platform used to be government has no business in healthcare. Obama has forced the Republican party to accept government interference in health care. Now Republicans are drafting a health care bill to replace Obamacare. Even if they replace Obamacare they have still taken a position that wasn't part of their platform.

Whatever bill they come up with it will still be as bad as Obamacare. Universal healthcare is on the way. Once the Republicans have accepted government belongs in healthcare that's the logical next step. Obamacare, Trumpcare, whatever care won't solve the problem. Universal healthcare is the only fix

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Believe it or not I used to be fairly conservative. More libertarian leaning and still hold a lot of their views especially on civil rights, drug war, and resisting the police state. The last President I voted for was George W. Bush in 2000. I've voted in presidential primaries (Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders) but haven't voted in a general election since.

The Republican platform used to be government has no business in healthcare. Obama has forced the Republican party to accept government interference in health care. Now Republicans are drafting a health care bill to replace Obamacare. Even if they replace Obamacare they have still taken a position that wasn't part of their platform.

Whatever bill they come up with it will still be as bad as Obamacare. Universal healthcare is on the way. Once the Republicans have accepted government belongs in healthcare that's the logical next step. Obamacare, Trumpcare, whatever care won't solve the problem. Universal healthcare is the only fix
    I, too, voted for Ron Paul in a primary. The guy makes a lot of sense, but he was never getting elected I must say. The drug war and wars in general, have to keep going. I'm not sure how I feel about the hard drugs, but marijuana should be legal without a doubt. The reason it's not is because the gov wouldn't make any money off of it or at least not in the way they like to. I think the DEA is crap and has done nothing to get people off of drugs. I'm just not sure how to handle the situation. Legalizing it all sounds great and yes, I've seen the third season of the Wire with Little Amsterdam. Haha. Still, though, I don't know. Seems like there should be some kind of happy medium there.

Comment

I wouldn't call that finessed.

Also I was pretty staunchly Republican once upon a time. Now I'd say I'm Democratic on most issues, Libertarian on others

Comment

Whoever the media picks and favors thats where u dumb arses vote for if u dont notice it yet

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          I, too, voted for Ron Paul in a primary. The guy makes a lot of sense, but he was never getting elected I must say. The drug war and wars in general, have to keep going. I'm not sure how I feel about the hard drugs, but marijuana should be legal without a doubt. The reason it's not is because the gov wouldn't make any money off of it or at least not in the way they like to. I think the DEA is crap and has done nothing to get people off of drugs. I'm just not sure how to handle the situation. Legalizing it all sounds great and yes, I've seen the third season of the Wire with Little Amsterdam. Haha. Still, though, I don't know. Seems like there should be some kind of happy medium there.
          That Lil Hamsterdam episode had everybody in line. Remember the dude that killed somebody in Lil Hamsterdam territory? Cops didn't even have to search for him, he was tuned over to them so that Lil Hamsterdam would not be harassed by cops. Some cops didn't like it though because they didn't have any work to do. That's probably what would happen to the DEA if drugs were legalized. Work/jobs for social workers and healthcare workers would probably increase though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            I wouldn't call that finessed.

Also I was pretty staunchly Republican once upon a time. Now I'd say I'm Democratic on most issues, Libertarian on others
            It was a long time coming. Just like hardcore drugs. Give them small time poor rural Whites a taste of that welfare/free healthcare and they hooked. Can't take that **** from them again. Got them saying, **** small government, when it comes healthcare.

Comment

Nothing wrong with universal healthcare, just give folks the option to get private health care if they want, and write off the difference on your taxes.

Comment

dems were crushed in 2016. good work, obama.

Comment

Here's a better idea than Obamacare. In fact doing this would be better for American healthcare overall. Just get rid of the monopolies aka state lines that the insurance companies monopolize, then force American big pharma to compete against drug companies from other countries.

The problem with American healthcare is because of the monopolies insurance companies have within the states and big pharma not only has the monopolies but they also engage in price gouging. Fix those 2 problems and you fix American healthcare. Instead of this stupid Obamacare or Trump's version.

Comment

Its not obama who originated the idea
                    His just a puppet
                    Its the big pharma that controlled him pushed for the idea of obamacare

Comment

Working...
                    X