Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Promoter: Wilder Rematch is Far More Money Than Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warrens lying. Ofcourse the rematch doesnt make as much money as a Joshua fight, they were saying similar **** before their 1st fight and it all turned out to make no where near as much as some people were predicting. Im sure people can pull numbers out of their holes but its clear what the reality is.

The last one was supposed to prove the drawing power of Wilder in the states as a PPV fighter but they needed Fury to make that happen and it didnt hit the heights they were claiming and predicting before the fight. Now we are talking about a rematch and here we are again, predicting numbers way above reality.

All this to try prove Deontay is some sort of A side against Joshua. They guna have to double what they did last time and that just isnt going to happen, PPV in the States is on a serious decline.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
      It's funny as hell that the winner of Wilder/Fury will now be a 50/50 split with Joshua. Joshua has lost his A side negotiating power. If Wilder wins, he will have went from a 12.5 million flat fee offer to 50/50 split. And to think people called him stupid for not taking it?
      He lost the Fury fight. We should all be ridiculing him for being a ******. He's only in this position because they robbed Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
        Who prices out people that don't really care about boxing loads (AKA the Casuals aka the masses) and then blames race as a main reason why boxing isn't popular despite greats like Ali coming from much more racist era's?

Cheap PPV costs 1/3 that sell 4 times as much is better than a PPV thats costs 3 times as much but only sells a 1/4.

Plus with a population 6 or 7 times bigger than UK with a bigger tradition in boxing, dropping the price would stand a chance of easy selling way over twice as much as UK, America should be adopting it and you should be championing the UK model for the sake of your wallet and the popularity of the sport.
        WOW! I just wanted to know what price you pay in the UK? Ali was popular, because many things outside of the ring! I really don't have time, but trust me on that one. However, even THE GREATEST sold more tickets as the "Villain" than as the "Olympian!" And as painful as it is to mention, it was Ali, who promoted his fight with a Black Man, a Black Man that gave him money and a pillow when he was persona non grata, and he called him a "Gorilla," even beat up a toy gorilla on television! If he would have stayed "Ali the Olympian," he would've been just as popular in the U.S. as Andre Ward!

Comment

The beauty of boxing is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone has their favourite in the HW division but it should be possible to be a fan of one and not automatically be dismissive of the others or label them as no hopers.
          Tyson Fury set the cat amongst the pigeons with his amazing comeback. In fact Eddie H even doubted that the first meeting with Wilder/Fury would go ahead...as he was dreading there being three credible HW's out there.
          Only two can fight in the square ring meaning that someone was always going to be left out. A bit of humble pie for Eddie is not a bad thing.
          He was able to call the shouts when Wilder was the only other Big Dog out there but having three means that his high handed approach to other fighters has back fired.
          I suspect AJ may have felt the chill, as for the first time in his career, he is out in the cold as the HW division becomes red hot....and it won't have gone unnoticed.

Comment

Originally posted by R.KHLMS4LIFE View Post
            Stop saying AJ the biggest name in the sport of boxing it's kinda clear Canelo is AJ could walk around through the US most of us wouldn't recognize him and think he's some type football player. Canelo on the other hand everyone knows who he and pacquiao is. Not my fault AJ is getting inflated checks cause he has the UK only on lock (UK pays more attention to the boxing) we have NBA NFL MLB oh yeah and something called UFC in the states that helps dip into boxing ratings. Oh yeah make things even worst if mayweather fought khabib or pacquiao he'd make what AJ makes in 4-5 fights. I am optimistic but I hope Wilder beats fury so he can KO AJ. AJ is alot easier of a fight for wilder than fury with fury akward style
            I agree with you 100%. Also NBA and NFL in the USA are first choices for most outstanding American black athletes. These same guys if directed into boxing at an early age would dominate the world heavy weights including AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
              What is it with you guys and excuses? There are other sports in the UK, Football, Rugby, Cricket and tennis all being more popular than boxing that has only recently risen in popularity just. Canelo isn't gonna be that recognised around most of the world just like AJ isn't outside their local fanbase, Pacquioa is the only one that stands a chance of that.

Wilder is the weakest link in the chain according to most people that aren't a Wilder fan. He'll find it hard to win against fury schooling him like an amatuer for 12 rounds and even harder when he's on his back in the fourth catching z's, dreaming of being a "mommy" against AJ.
              I would say that since Fury only landed one punch per round more than Wilder that the term "schooling" is a big stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
                What you say is true and even if Wilder loses in an exciting fight he'll be in line for maybe a 55/45 split against AJ. Both Fury and Wilder are in enviable positions.
                If Wilder loses against Fury he is in line for a 55/45 split,With no belt? So if he was to win against Fury what does he derserve? Wilder fans have gone mad they have become accountants, economists, philosophers, Historians and parrots

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                  If Wilder loses against Fury he is in line for a 55/45 split,With no belt? So if he was to win against Fury what does he derserve? Wilder fans have gone mad they have become accountants, economists, philosophers, Historians and parrots
                  Well, what do you expect? After all we are Wilder fans.

Comment

AJ never won anything outside of London. What kind of world champion is that?

Comment

Alot of generalization in this thread regarding race and culture and that's not a criticism. I can't claim to know what perceptions are for different people in another country. I do know that the United States is so geographically large and ethinically diverse that perceptions are different in various regions. I grew up in a relatively diverse area where boxing was popular. Most of the people I knew followed local fighters regardless of race. I'm sure there are people that rooted for other reasons but I can't speak to them.

Playing the villain cuts both ways in my opinion. To say it's simply about race isnt entirely accurate, it's about the fact that you have now created two groups who feel passionately about you. Some will pay to watch you lose and others will pay to watch you win. Can race play a part in that? Sure, but so can alot of things. I'd argue that both McGregor (in UFC) and Fury have made niches playing the brash heel. There are plenty of people that tune in to watch them get humbled.

People also like a novelty. Someone mentioned Caleb Plant getting alot of views but I'd say race was only one part of that story. PBC hyped up his personal struggles and his girlfriend who is a PBC announcer. Alot of people didn't give Plant a chance against Uzcategui and thought he'd get crushed. Would that perception have been different if his skin color was a different hue?

I'm not so naive to think race doesn't play a significant factor in things but I think there is a lot more to every situation. When we make sweeping generalizations about an issue we can sometimes miss the nuance and context surrounding it.

Comment

Working...
                      X