Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboys Trading Dak Prescott and signing Tom Brady currently Being Discussed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys Trading Dak Prescott and signing Tom Brady currently Being Discussed

Former Dallas Star and NFL Network Voice Michael Irvin Says 'Significant People' Are Discussing the Idea of the Dallas Cowboys Trading Dak Prescott and Signing New England Patriots QB Tom Brady

FRISCO - As near as I can tell, my guy Colin Cowherd started this. But now my guy Michael Irvin is talking about it, too, and the gravitas of the idea of Dallas Cowboys movement involving QB Dak Prescott and QB Tom Brady is increasing.

Speaking on topic Friday on WEEI’s “Dale & Keefe,” NFL Network’s Irvin, - a legendary and plugged-in former Cowboy - shared a Super Bowl Week conversation that he termed "shocking'' that he had with “very significant people.”

From Irvin: “I am telling you right now, at the Super Bowl in Miami, some very significant people that I had conversations (with were) leaning in that same direction. It was shocking. I had a vodka cranberry in my hand and when they said it to me I put the drink down and said, ‘Let’s talk a little bit more about this.’

"I promise you, I had a conversation with people, I can’t tell you who, about that same scenario going down.”

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
    Former Dallas Star and NFL Network Voice Michael Irvin Says 'Significant People' Are Discussing the Idea of the Dallas Cowboys Trading Dak Prescott and Signing New England Patriots QB Tom Brady

FRISCO - As near as I can tell, my guy Colin Cowherd started this. But now my guy Michael Irvin is talking about it, too, and the gravitas of the idea of Dallas Cowboys movement involving QB Dak Prescott and QB Tom Brady is increasing.

Speaking on topic Friday on WEEI’s “Dale & Keefe,” NFL Network’s Irvin, - a legendary and plugged-in former Cowboy - shared a Super Bowl Week conversation that he termed "shocking'' that he had with “very significant people.”

From Irvin: “I am telling you right now, at the Super Bowl in Miami, some very significant people that I had conversations (with were) leaning in that same direction. It was shocking. I had a vodka cranberry in my hand and when they said it to me I put the drink down and said, ‘Let’s talk a little bit more about this.’

"I promise you, I had a conversation with people, I can’t tell you who, about that same scenario going down.”

Even if this doesn't happen, Cowboys and Dak are done with.

Comment

Never going to happen. Tom Brady wouldn't be cheap and he's on his last legs.

Why pay $30 million to have him for a year or two when you can lock down Dak longterm for $35 million?

Brady has had the better career obviously. But in his current form I'm not convinced he is much better than Dak.

Comment

Nah....fake news.

Comment

Jerry Jones always want's a quick fix.

Comment

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...remain-impasse

Comment

Compare Prescotts numbers vs Bradys at the same stage of the career, it's all Prescott. You keep Prescott, these non mobile QB's are being phased out, ya need a legit athlete back today.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post
                Compare Prescotts numbers vs Bradys at the same stage of the career, it's all Prescott. You keep Prescott, these non mobile QB's are being phased out, ya need a legit athlete back today.
                They start out mobile then transition to being more pocket passers. Running QB's are nice but they don't last long. DB's are free to light them up.

Also, if you notice, they are sacked more than one would think.

I think Jerry will meet Dak in the middle and make it up to him in the next contract. Jerry wants one more title before

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  They start out mobile then transition to being more pocket passers. Running QB's are nice but they don't last long. DB's are free to light them up.

Also, if you notice, they are sacked more than one would think.

I think Jerry will meet Dak in the middle and make it up to him in the next contract. Jerry wants one more title before
                  Not talking ....running QB....am talking mobile/extend the play/escape the pass rush, who can scoot if they have to, the perfect example.....Russell Wilson.

The defense know Brady can't run so at no time is it.....run or pass? So they play pass. With a cat like Prescott, Mahomes, Wilson, there is a chance they could run, so they have to play it differently, yep.....more stress on a defense.

The days of standing tall in the pocket with a guy who can't break 5 flat in a 40 are over.

MVP....a legit running QB
                  SB MVP....a mobile QB
                  Ist round pick....a mobile QB
                  highest paid QB in the world....a mobile QB
                  Heisman winner.....mobile QB

Olympic sprinters at 34 years of age, you can maintain the speed with time.
                  Last edited by Ubeja Vontell; 02-10-2020, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post
                    Not talking ....running QB....am talking mobile/extend the play/escape the pass rush, who can scoot if they have to, the perfect example.....Russell Wilson.

The defense know Brady can't run so at no time is it.....run or pass? So they play pass. With a cat like Prescott, Mahomes, Wilson, there is a chance they could run, so they have to play it differently, yep.....more stress on a defense.

The days of standing tall in the pocket with a guy who can't break 5 flat in a 40 are over.

MVP....a legit running QB
                    SB MVP....a mobile QB
                    Ist round pick....a mobile QB
                    highest paid QB in the world....a mobile QB
                    Heisman winner.....mobile QB

Olympic sprinters at 34 years of age, you can maintain the speed with time.
                    Oh, Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson......Got it.
                    Again, mobility is nice but hazardous. Better than running (long term).

Brady and pocket passers usually have long, statistically satisfying careers.

Dak can be either or.

Comment

Working...
                    X