Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye, Bellew Debate if Anthony Joshua 'Quit' in Andy Ruiz Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearn made Bellew a rich man. And has given him a career post boxing. Adios objectively

Comment

Only boxing noobs think Joshua quit. He spat out his mouthpiece to buy time. (something boxers have done for years) And was waiting for the ref to put it back in. He even said "yes" when asked if he wanted to continue.

What normally happens if the ref thinks a fighter doesn't want to continue is they ask (shout) again to make sure. "Walk towards me now! or I stop the fight". The ref just stopped it immediately because Joshua was waiting in the corner.

It worked out well for Joshua though because guy was going to get knocked out cold soon

Comment

The referee stoppage actually worked out better. Just Like the Tyson/Wilder draw there's interest in the rivalry and fans get a do over.

AJ stalled for time and the referee waved it off. Nine times out of ten the champ would have been given the benefit of the doubt but as I said, it worked out better for boxing fans.

If you have DAZN you just received a monster BOGO, two for one. And that's the stark difference between PPV and subscription.

PS, both fighters are guaranteed at least a 10 million base plus, everyone wins.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ... while down, AJ spat his mouthpiece and then wanted ref Griffin to call his corner to put it back... but Griffin decided to stop it...
          Man you're always calm and your responses are always so well thought out...very calculated.

I'm not sure if you're a boxing savant or a calculated serial killer.

Comment

Great news, If you have DAZN you just received a two for one and that's the difference between PPV and subscription.

Imagine if we could get Ortiz/Wilder I & II and Fury/Wilder I & II for under $20 dollars? Unfortunately that's not possible in today's world and most will be forced to pick and choose.
            Last edited by factsarenice; 11-19-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
              Only boxing noobs think Joshua quit. He spat out his mouthpiece to buy time. (something boxers have done for years) And was waiting for the ref to put it back in. He even said "yes" when asked if he wanted to continue.

What normally happens if the ref thinks a fighter doesn't want to continue is they ask (shout) again to make sure. "Walk towards me now! or I stop the fight". The ref just stopped it immediately because Joshua was waiting in the corner.

It worked out well for Joshua though because guy was going to get knocked out cold soon
              Dude wake the fook up. He quit. Get over it already.Watch the video again. Tell us all where he said he wants to continue. I will even attach the video for you. Compare the last knockdown to the other 3 knockdowns where Joshua holds his hands up and looks right at the referee. The last knockdown was different, he turned away, walked into a neutral corner and after the ref was done counting he stayed in the corner. Watch for yourself again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcEwVwGVAA

Comment

“The place he came from”...

He’s from Hertfordshire and went to a boarding school.

F*** off Bellew.

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
                  Hearn made Bellew a rich man. And has given him a career post boxing. Adios objectively
                  Sold his soul for a career as a sky sports pundit...

Comment

Haye keeping it real, Bellew has Joshies nuts in his mouth

Comment

He may not have said he was done, but he knew he was done. He wanted out although never said it. I'm not a fan or hater of him.
                      Is everyone do quick to forget the end of the 3rd when the ref gave the champ the benefitof the doubt? Asked him to walk forward and Joshua never budged. If that was mid round he may have waved it off then!

Comment

Working...
                      X