No announcement yet.

Peterson vs Diaz - round by round scoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peterson vs Diaz - round by round scoring

I remember scoring the fight clearly for Diaz when I watched it live, with Diaz's big fight coming up this weekend, I thought I'd rewatch and refresh my memory.

Round 1 - Peterson. Landed cleaner shots.

Comment

Round 2 - Peterson again. Clear round.

Comment

Round 3 - clear Diaz round. Great adjustments by him, he used his legs more to find and shoot from angles. Checked Pete with a few good right hooks.

Comment

Round 4 - Diaz again, another clear round. Diaz's legs are giving Pete serious problems, he can't keep up

Comment

Round 5 - Diaz. Outworked Pete easily.

Comment

Haven't rewatched the fight, but this is a fight where Peterson's swarming style didn't make much of an impact compared with the Khan fight, for example. It's an annoying style if you are the opponent. You could see that Diaz was trying to do same, sort of giving back a dose of Lamont's own medicine.

Comment

Round 6- Diaz again. He's getting the better of Peterson at all ranges, including inside, which is impressive considering Pete is one of the best inside fighters around

Comment

Round 7 - Diaz. Too crafty.

Comment

Round 8 - Close round, I'll give it to Pete. He picked it up towards the end of the round, landing some good body shots. His first round since round 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X