No announcement yet.

Good boxing gyms in Canada

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good boxing gyms in Canada

So basically, I've gone and got myself a 2 year Canadian work visa and I'm planning on flying out there next year. My question is, what is the best place to move to in Canada for boxing gyms? I know that a lot of good pro fighters live in Montreal but is it really viable for an amateur? are there any good gyms in the english speaking parts?
    Wouldn't mind getting an opinion from someone who lives there.
    Thanks

Originally posted by rockymarciano1 View Post
    So basically, I've gone and got myself a 2 year Canadian work visa and I'm planning on flying out there next year. My question is, what is the best place to move to in Canada for boxing gyms? I know that a lot of good pro fighters live in Montreal but is it really viable for an amateur? are there any good gyms in the english speaking parts?
    Wouldn't mind getting an opinion from someone who lives there.
    Thanks
    On the west coast...Vancouver I'd say hands down Tony Pep is the best. He fought Floyd Mayweather Jr earlier (17th fight) when he was at the end of his career and held his own. Later Mayweather hired him as his sparring partner.

https://www.facebook.com/pepboxing/

Comment

Cheers. I never saw the pep vs mayweather fight but I did see his fight with hatton and I was amazed he stayed in there as long as he did, especially given hattons top form that night.
      Though most of the good fighters there seem to go to the kronk gym in montreal. Is that an unrealistic place to aspire to go to?

Comment

Originally posted by rockymarciano1 View Post
        Cheers. I never saw the pep vs mayweather fight but I did see his fight with hatton and I was amazed he stayed in there as long as he did, especially given hattons top form that night.
        Though most of the good fighters there seem to go to the kronk gym in montreal. Is that an unrealistic place to aspire to go to?
        It's in Detroit.
        Last edited by jaded; 01-09-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          It's in Detroit.
          My mistake. Stevenson boxes for the kronk gym and still lives in Quebec. Also guys like pascal and lemux are there, and that whole group Yvonne michelle is in montreal. And guys like artur beterbiev live in montreal as well.
          Thanks for the advice, still need to do some more research on where I want to go. I also heard that job prospects are better in west canada than east.
          Cheers for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            On the west coast...Vancouver I'd say hands down Tony Pep is the best. He fought Floyd Mayweather Jr earlier (17th fight) when he was at the end of his career and held his own. Later Mayweather hired him as his sparring partner.

https://www.facebook.com/pepboxing/
            Hey I'm in Vancouver, does Tony Pep have an actual gym? I think he's just training people one on one and renting space, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

OP if you're looking for places to train in Vancouver there's Contenders in downtown, Griffin's in North Van, PowerCore in East Van and North Burnaby Boxing Club in Burnaby. There are also several more clubs throughout BC. These gyms have competing amateur fighters and occasionally pros as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
              Hey I'm in Vancouver, does Tony Pep have an actual gym? I think he's just training people one on one and renting space, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

OP if you're looking for places to train in Vancouver there's Contenders in downtown, Griffin's in North Van, PowerCore in East Van and North Burnaby Boxing Club in Burnaby. There are also several more clubs throughout BC. These gyms have competing amateur fighters and occasionally pros as well.
              He does private and group training from various locations.

Comment

Working...
              X