Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errol Spence is fighting in July, Lamont Peterson is a possible opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
    Probably end of year.
    I was trying to be nice to the bum-loving-kids.

Comment

Ponomarev was not a bad opponent but I like Spence/Peterson a lot more. It's a logical step up for Spence imo, would let us know if he's ready for a Brook or Thurman.
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-20-2016, 08:34 PM.

Comment

That would be an absolute slaughter.

Comment

I believe this is a very dangerous and risky fight for Errol Spence, Jr. He is already the mandatory challenger for Kell Brooks' IBF title. Why would he want to risk a fight with Peterson, who have world championship experience and a stellar resume by putting his mandatory status on the line? It would be rational for a title defense but for a title eliminator bout? I'm not to keen on that one.

Comment

spence looked downright scary agaisnt algieri. haven't been that impressed by a young fighter in a long time. lomachenko is the goods, but he can't punch like that, and i don't think he's quite as sharp. he's a bit more of a worker / he's super busy. spence is just a killer. that kid can f#cking fight. he's got the weapons and armor.

haven't been this excited about a kid in a while. didn't think spence had what it took initially. he obviously had speed, power, and i thought he saw the punches well, but he style was a bit basic early on. i didn't see the flashes of potential until he was well on his way to being a contender. he never put things together early on. he was either on offense or defense. it wasn't a style that suited his explosiveness or his accuracy. now he throws when his opponent is throwing, and he takes one step and nothing more. he fought a perfect fight against algieri. algieiri's never been a great fighter by any stretch, but we've never seen him beaten up like that. that was an ass kicking of a completely overmatched fighter.

Comment

Good Fight and a step up for him

Comment

Garbage fight, not a big step up at all.

Comment

Huge welterweight vs a feather-fisted and disgustingly overrated 140lb fighter who has practically lost everytime he has stepped up.
                  Obliterated by Matthysse, lost to Khan lets be fair, lost to Bradley, lost to Garcia, draw with bummy Ortiz. He is a B level 140lb fighter at best.

Nothing too get excited for here.
                  It is no test Spence will blow straight through him and people will act shocked like it wasn't supposed too happen when its blatantly obvious it will happen.

Also a pathetically slow starter too, I'd be surprised if he went past 4.

Its a mismatch, period.

Comment

Great test for Spence. Peterson is the type of fighter that will make you look bad if you aren't on yor A game.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X