No announcement yet.

The Weight Diff Is Not THAT Drastic!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weight Diff Is Not THAT Drastic!

Broner weighed 133.5 Escobedo 130 right...

this morning broner 143 Escobedo 140

so there is still just 3lbs diff. this **** is blown way out of proportion.. man

tonight Escobedo will prolly be around 144-5 and Broner around 147-8
    ...still just 3lbs diff

they should just fight its not like broner just gonna blow up like chavez and we like 158-160..

Lol at broners fans trying to back him up..... Defending him must be a full time job now

Comment

It is Escobedo's choice, he doesn't think the pay check is worth it, it isn't giant money but he is walking away from a pretty large pay check and it is not like he is a guy that is really banking.

If he is willing to do that then I can't fault him.

Comment

Contracted weights are there for a reason and I'm willing to bet Broner will come in at 150+ tonight.

Comment

@stevemaxboxing Broner just put out on his twitter the fight is still on!

Comment

then why didn't he make weight

Comment

a contract is a contract. bottom line is everyone has to make weight, if they dont thats their problem no pun intended.

broner had three chances, the initial weigh in, the 2 hours to shed the weight and then an extra chance (that he frankly doesnt deserve) to weigh in the day of the fight too. he failed each time, doesnt matter by how much.

besides 3 lbs is noteworthy at these weights, especially since broner is likely to put on alot more weight before the fight and the odds are already stacked against escobedo.

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
                Broner weighed 133.5 Escobedo 130 right...

this morning broner 143 Escobedo 140

so there is still just 3lbs diff. this **** is blown way out of proportion.. man

tonight Escobedo will prolly be around 144-5 and Broner around 147-8
                ...still just 3lbs diff
                Broner is known to walk in well over 150 for his fights. At this point Team Esco is tryna cut their losses and play on the disadvantages, but i can't blame them.

The restrictions are there for a reason and that is to protect the fighters, as an athlete you have to respect that. Whether its a 1 lb over or 15, especially when you have had multiple opportunities to correct the issue.

If Escobedo wanted to "duck" out of the fight, he would've been done it. Nobody put the pressure on em to take this fight. He's the challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
                  @stevemaxboxing Broner just put out on his twitter the fight is still on!
                  Yeah he posted this 40 mins ago

Adrien Broner
                  MY FIGHT IS NOT CANCELLED PASS THE WORD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Lol at broners fans trying to back him up..... Defending him must be a full time job now
                    lol this is what i see everytime someone trys to back up a fighter lol were all entitled to our own opinion regardless of whomever it might be now a days you cant get called a "name" thats affiliated with a certain fighter for backing em up

Comment

Working...
                    X