Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Real, Floyd Mayweather Would've Beaten Sugar Ray Robinson If They Fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry but this is a comedic thread!

Comment

i totally just voted for floyd and did not mean to! Sorry guys

Comment

Stylistically, Mayweather should be a favorite in this fight imo... But i doubt he would have stepped into the ring with such fighter...

Comment

Robinson fought in a time where you didn't make a career out of picking fights you are sure can win. He fought everybody to prove himself not to build a record.

Comment

this thread pretty much solidifies the *****s as the worst & most delusional fan base in all of boxing.

Comment

Robinson is much greater but Floyd beats him. Wladimir would mop the floor with Louis but Louis is greater.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
                i totally just voted for floyd and did not mean to! Sorry guys
                In other words you voted for Floyd because you think he'd win then retracted your vote when you read the responses in this thread.

What's funny is the majority of you who voted for Ray probably know in the back of your minds Floyd would beat him. It's a crime how bad some of you underrate modern day fighters.

It may hurt you to admit this, but todays boxers are more evolved than the boxers of the past. As good as Sugar Ray was in his day, against a fighter like Floyd he loses quite convincingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
                  In other words you voted for Floyd because you think he'd win then retracted your vote when you read the responses in this thread.

What's funny is the majority of you who voted for Ray probably know in the back of your minds Floyd would beat him. It's a crime how bad some of you underrate modern day fighters.

It may hurt you to admit this, but todays boxers are more evolved than the boxers of the past. As good as Sugar Ray was in his day, against a fighter like Floyd he loses quite convincingly.
                  Nope. I voted purely on accident. If i wanted to vote with the rest of the crowd, I could have just viewed what the poll results were and THEN voted but that was not the case.

I have no problem picking Floyd in a fight i think he can win but in this case i dont think he could. The speed and power and constant barrage of punches that Robinson could throw at times would overwhelm Floyd's excellent defense in my opinion.

I also understand that fighters have evolved since back in the day, But i also feel too many people think just because everything is more advanced that the old timers would just be wiped clean...and that is just not the case.
                  Ray would be taller,stronger,busier, more powerful + he'd have comparable speed and Footwork.
                  To say he'd be beat convincingly by a guy who never fought anybody half as good as Robinson seems absurd and maybe a bit of embarrassment to the sport.

Im not trying to be offensive but NO WAY Floyd wins easy if at all. thats just silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
                    this thread pretty much solidifies the *****s as the worst & most delusional fan base in all of boxing.
                    Yes, and I admit I was hoping these kids would come here some day and learn a bit by reading through the history section. But to many of them boxing started in 2009 and the boxers fighting today are the best ever.
                    Sad!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
                      Yes, and I admit I was hoping these kids would come here some day and learn a bit by reading through the history section. But to many of them boxing started in 2009 and the boxers fighting today are the best ever.
                      Sad!
                      F-ck outta here with this ****. Just because you average 80 posts per day on a boxing forum doesnt mean you know a lot about the sport. The people who brag about how much they know are always the ones who know the least. I suggest you start paying closer attention to my posts cause you could learn a thing or 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X