Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Says Ringstar is Ahead of The Golden Boy Curve in Year 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Up to Ringstar! They need to get the WBSS Finals on network TV in the U.S.! Schaefer will be a major player in 2018 and beyond! Message to Ringstar: SIGN MIKEY GARCIA!

Comment

Ringstar sucks. I don't see many Al Haymon fighters rushing to sign.

Comment

Bernard Hopkins
        June 3, 2014:

"Nevertheless Rick, I think whatever Richard will do he will be successful. He can not be replaced...of that magnitude. I know there are a lot of smart people out there, but there are very few honest people out there. And I've been through enough people in the game of boxing, in the business of boxing. And I'm not saying this off the record, I'm saying this on the record - he held up everything he suggested, promised and delivered for Bernard Hopkins."

"I'm going to tell you that Richard Schaefer's presence is going to be felt sooner than later and I guarantee you that. And what I mean when I say his presence, its running the company the way it was ran. Case in point, beyond July there are no fights scheduled. When you have you seen that [with Golden Boy] since you've been covering boxing? Is this the first of the domino effect? I think that's the question that everyone is asking and waiting for everything to play out."

During his CEO run, Schaefer handled the majority of the business decisions. He secured numerous television deals, put together record-breaking events, secured lucrative venue deals and brought in a lot of revenue from major sponsors. De La Hoya, who spent years battling his addictions to drugs, sex and alcohol, was seen by most as nothing more than a figurehead for the company.

"At the end of the day, you become a figurehead when you war not physically active in the business, which means the office...the day by day negotiations, signing fighters, making fights, dealing with the ups and downs, dealing with the shenanigans, the rumors...all things that come with being on the frontline as the CEO, who has to manage the operation. Everyone knows, everyone knows, it's no secret. Oscar would have to be honest on who ran the company. Oscar would admit that he had some ups and downs, more downs that affected him from being in the office, but that's not Richard's fault," Hopkins said.

"And that's where Richard's credibility comes in, because he didn't keep the company just afloat, he kept it on top and there's a difference. Again, it's going to be very hard for anybody to say that Richard Schaefer, from the day he began with the company until the day he announced his exit, was not one of the key promoters of our time. That's going to be hard for anyone to discredit him for that."

http://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-o...parture--78539

Comment

Lol that lsc card was the exact bull**** he just mentioned in the article

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            I like BIGPAPPAPUMP
            big poppa chump is a Bitch. stop being gay for him.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              Maybe so but if you hire a mother****er to run your business for you and make the best decisions for your business and have it's best interest at heart isn't that what the mother****er supposed to do???
              That's why he was the president of Golden Boy promotions. Cause he was supposed to do what's best for the company.
              You making it seem like you can't trust anyone now and that you shouldn't trust anyone.
              If that's the case then why even hire GM's and CEO's and Presidents if you can't trust any of these mother****ers??!
              Are you saying every business owner in the world should just run their own business themselves??
              like I said, what Schaefer did was shady but not illegal. All business owners don't have to run their own business by themselves but they should be involved enough to know what's going on. Oscar seemed to have no clue that all his fighters contracts were ending at the same time and reached a point where he wasn't dealing with things a owner should've been doing. You think arum or king would've allowed that to happen to them?? At the end of the day Schaefer looked out for himself and actually put the fighters in a position to make more $ than what they were making. Definitely shady tho
              Last edited by rrayvez; 10-21-2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OmarRueben View Post
                Word in Boxing circles is that Richard Schaefer is nothing but a lying backstabbing disloyal glory seeking cheat and scum bag.
                he's probably all of those things. Still didn't do anything illegal.

Comment

Lol at last saturdays lsc card. Two fighters taking tune ups going into a **** rematch that will also be mediocre

Comment

Originally posted by OmarRueben View Post
                    Richard Schaefer is a back stabbing scumbag who does not belong anywhere in boxing. Schaefer belongs behind bars or in some penal colony for deviates.
                    Boxing is where all the back stabbing scumbags come to mingle lol. Business as usual

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                      like I said, what Schaefer did was shady but not illegal. All business owners don't have to run their own business by themselves but they should be involved enough to know what's going on. Oscar seemed to have no clue that all his fighters contracts were ending at the same time and reached a point where he wasn't dealing with things a owner should've been doing. You think arum or king would've allowed that to happen to them?? At the end of the day Schaefer looked out for himself and actually put the fighters in a position to make more $ than what they were making. Definitely shady tho
                      Me, if I'm a multi-millionare then I wouldn't wanna work. **** that!
                      If I got my money invested like Oscar does then I would definitely hire someone to run my business for me. **** working! I work now cause I have too but I'm not one of those people who say they love to work and would get bored if they didn't work. **** all that!
                      I rather be partying, traveling, ****ing all kinds of b itches, and yes drinking and getting high.
                      I'm just being real!
                      Oscar has worked his ass off to were he doesn't have to work if he don't want too. If I'm in his shoes I wouldn't.
                      Maybe at the time that's how he saw things. That's why he hired Richard to run his business for him.
                      You might think I'm an idiot for thinking like that but I'm from the streets. A mother****er does me dirty like that then he's gonna get dealt with. That simple.
                      But I definitely wouldn't work if I didn't have too

Comment

Working...
                      X