Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyds Flawless streak from Age 30 to Age 40 is The Best Ever.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    lol..did you even watch the fight?? at no point was Ali taking a savage beating
    I did. His strategy was to lay on the ropes and get hit. He allowed himself to take punishment until Foreman punched himself out. Floyd gave every fighter he had a close fight with a rematch. Ali wanted nothing to do with a rematch because Foreman did irreparable damage to his body, mind, and soul.

Comment

People need to stop referencing Ali in this.

Ali faced the toughest gauntlet of HW's anyone has ever faced. HW's. A completely different ball game.

Including 3 of the hardest punchers ever in that weight class (4 if you include Frazier), at least 3 of the top 10 all time greats at HW (4 if you have Liston), 30+ Ring ranked top 10 opponents (only Joe Louis comes close). I didnt do the legwork on that last stat so please dont fact check me lol.

The type of career Ali had isn't comparable to the type of career Floyd had imo

Comment

managed to avoid more prime versions of cotto, pac, shane...
        got ghost when it came to williams and margarito...

why?

um, he went on vacation and allowed those guys to beat each other up...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
          The longer Floyd stays retired, the better history will remember him. It's always like that with black brash fighters. Even Ali.
          Even Ali? He went from being the man who called himself the greatest ever to the greatest ever like an hour after he knocked out foreman. This is at best revisionist history to push your agenda this is a race thing.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

why?

You could argue that they managed to avoid Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              People need to stop referencing Ali in this.

Ali faced the toughest gauntlet of HW's anyone has ever faced. HW's. A completely different ball game.

Including 3 of the hardest punchers ever in that weight class (4 if you include Frazier), at least 3 of the top 10 all time greats at HW (4 if you have Liston), 30+ Ring ranked top 10 opponents (only Joe Louis comes close). I didnt do the legwork on that last stat so please dont fact check me lol.

The type of career Ali had isn't comparable to the type of career Floyd had imo
              Look, and I'm being real, Fraizer wasn't exactly highly skilled. He wasn't Floyd Mayweather, or Whitaker, or B-Hop, yet he took Ali life and death three times. Nostalgia, wont allow boxing experts and historians to admit this but, let's be real, if Floyd fought a welterweight with Fraizers level of skill he would never end up in a trilogy that took years off of his life and career. Ali was just not as skilled as Floyd, that's why he couldn't do it for as long and at as high a level as Floyd. It's not because Ali fought better fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                You could argue that they managed to avoid Floyd.
                Don't bother trying to school that fool with the truth.

He isn't trying to hear it...

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                  Look, and I'm being real, Fraizer wasn't exactly highly skilled. He wasn't Floyd Mayweather, or Whitaker, or B-Hop, yet he took Ali life and death three times. Nostalgia, wont allow boxing experts and historians to admit this but, let's be real, if Floyd fought a welterweight with Fraizers level of skill he would never end up in a trilogy that took years off of his life and career. Ali was just not as skilled as Floyd, that's why he couldn't do it for as long and at as high a level as Floyd. It's not because Ali fought better fighters.
                  Frazier is one of the best swarmer fighters to ever live. His left hook is one of the GOAT punches in HW history.

Floyd struggled badly with guys like Castillo and Maidana, but Ali isnt allowed to struggle with Joe freakin' Frazier?

Also, comparing actual skills is pointless considering the size difference.

The point im making is that if Floyds career was littered with top 10 ATGs and murderous all time great punchers, he likely doesnt make it to 40 in as good condition as he did.

But then your username is 'Floyd is TBE', so i probably shouldnt expect a reasonable debate here

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
                    Some people hate to hear it, but out of all the undefeated fighters, none came close to Floyd's level of competition. Out of all the fighters who had Floyd's level of competition, none went undefeated. And zero fighters in history ever went their whole careers with only 2 close fights (which he gave immediate rematches to and schooled).

Those points are undisputed.
                    This 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

why?

http://www.nowboxing.com/2010/03/may...-history/8846/

ESPN’s Dan Rafeal reported on this. The reason for the split between Mayweather and Top Rank was reported as follows in Rafeal’s 2006 article on ESPN.com.

“Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn’t interested in participating in.

‘That’s not in the cards,’ Arum said. ‘He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It’s not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold’em and when to fold’em.’”
                      Last edited by BoxingTrav; 09-07-2017, 05:53 PM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Working...
                      X