Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 07-23-2017, 08:01 PM #151
Hype

Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Lords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 222,048,468,899,716.91
Total Points: 222,057,692,478,592.00
No Message - thoughtsss have some popcorn m8 - sugarsmosley No Message - Lords 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
Cotto should have fought a Mosley rematch but ducked it for Margarito.
Why should he have fought Mosley when Margarito was they guy everyone was avoiding and talking about? Basically you're saying he should have pu$$ed out and took the easy way out. Thats the problem in todays boxing, fighers being pu$$y and avoiding the big fights.

Last edited by Lords; 07-23-2017 at 08:02 PM. Reason: as
Lords is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-23-2017, 08:02 PM #152
BoxingScene Icon

Quoted: 3076 Post(s)
IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 158,251,757,590,299,049,984.00
Total Points: 158,252,786,810,415,480,832.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chollo Vista View Post
Don't blame me if you don't know the difference between #1 and Champion.

Words do matter.

But I agree with you. Cotto should've used Floyd's logic ducked #4 Margarito for #1 JMW Cory Spinks and won his a title in his 3rd weight class.

Definitely a Mayweather "I'm my own boss" move.
The Champion is obviously #1. That goes without saying.

Then their list goes from #1-#10 after the Champion.

I.e when Pacquaio beat Bradley he was ranked #1 but Mayweather was the Champion.
IronDanHamza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:03 PM #153
Supreme

Quoted: 3873 Post(s)
Chollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.67
Total Points: 91,291,295,585,984.88
Boxingscen's Best - Chollo Vista close enough - SugarKaineHook These will help you deal Jacob's weak chin - BrometheusBob. Respect - siablo14 Great poster, speaks the truth - ironmt 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Gatti was #1 whilst Tszyu was Champion not Hatton.
This is incorrect, my friend.

Hatton fought Kosta June 5th 2005 making him the Champ. Floyd fought Gatti June 25th 2005, making Gatti #1 like I just said

Ricky Hatton, Champion
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Miguel Cotto
Kostya Tszyu
Jose Luis Castillo
Junior Witter
Carlos Maussa
Arturo Gatti
Vivian Harris
DeMarcus Corley
Lovemore N'dou

Quote:
Still ranked #1 though. Champion is #1 obviously and then after that it goes #1 to #10 after that

Now you're trying to blur the lines.

Champion is Champion.

#1 is #1. There's a difference.

Quote:
Baldomir was The Ring Champion so obviously #1 in that division.
Once again, Baldomir was Champ and Margarito was #1. How many times do I have to post the Ring rankings for you guys?

Baldomir was champ, like Hatton was Champ when Floyd fought Gatti.

Margarito was #1, like Gatti was #1 when Floyd fought him.

See the difference?
Chollo Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:05 PM #154
Supreme

Chollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond reputeChollo Vista has a reputation beyond repute
Boxingscen's Best - Chollo Vista close enough - SugarKaineHook These will help you deal Jacob's weak chin - BrometheusBob. Respect - siablo14 Great poster, speaks the truth - ironmt 

Quote:
The Champion is obviously #1. That goes without saying.

Then their list goes from #1-#10 after the Champion.

I.e when Pacquaio beat Bradley he was ranked #1 but Mayweather was the Champion.
Again, Margarito was always #1. Baldomir went from Ring #10 to Ring Champion. How do you not understand the difference:

Zab Judah, Champion
Antonio Margarito
Cory Spinks
Shane Mosley
Luis Collazo
Thomas Damgaard
Kermit Cintron
Jose Antonio Rivera
Oktay Urkal
David Estrada
Carlos Manuel Baldomir

Floyd Mayweather Jr., Champion
Antonio Margarito
Carlos Manuel Baldomir
Miguel Cotto
Zab Judah
Luis Collazo
Kermit Cintron
Oktay Urkal
Arturo Gatti
Paul Williams
Joshua Clottey
Old 07-23-2017, 08:06 PM #155
Boxing

Quoted: 11571 Post(s)
Robbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,882,800,414,109,245,440.00
Total Points: 16,882,800,414,109,739,008.00
Good poster - Have a drink - arraamis Keep owning these trolls! - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lords View Post
Why should he have fought Mosley when Margarito was they guy everyone was avoiding and talking about? Basically you're saying he should have pu$$ed out and took the easy way out. Thats the problem in todays boxing, fighers being pu$$y and avoiding the big fights.
Easy way out? He just had a razor thin win against Mosley in an either way fight.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

He chose Margarito because at the time it was seen as an easier fight. Cotto was a big favourite to win the Margarito fight.
Robbie Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:10 PM #156
BoxingScene Icon

IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
This is incorrect, my friend.

Hatton fought Kosta June 5th 2005 making him the Champ. Floyd fought Gatti June 25th 2005, making Gatti #1 like I just said

Ricky Hatton, Champion
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Miguel Cotto
Kostya Tszyu
Jose Luis Castillo
Junior Witter
Carlos Maussa
Arturo Gatti
Vivian Harris
DeMarcus Corley
Lovemore N'dou

Now you're trying to blur the lines.

Champion is Champion.

#1 is #1. There's a difference.

Once again, Baldomir was Champ and Margarito was #1. How many times do I have to post the Ring rankings for you guys?

Baldomir was champ, like Hatton was Champ when Floyd fought Gatti.

Margarito was #1, like Gatti was #1 when Floyd fought him.

See the difference?
Quote:
Again, Margarito was always #1. Baldomir went from Ring #10 to Ring Champion. How do you not understand the difference:

Zab Judah, Champion
Antonio Margarito
Cory Spinks
Shane Mosley
Luis Collazo
Thomas Damgaard
Kermit Cintron
Jose Antonio Rivera
Oktay Urkal
David Estrada
Carlos Manuel Baldomir

Floyd Mayweather Jr., Champion
Antonio Margarito
Carlos Manuel Baldomir
Miguel Cotto
Zab Judah
Luis Collazo
Kermit Cintron
Oktay Urkal
Arturo Gatti
Paul Williams
Joshua Clottey
No the Champion is #1, obviously.

Then it goes from #1-10 outside of the Champion

Baldomir was the Champion I.e #1 in the division.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:14 PM #157
Supreme

Quote:
No the Champion is #1, obviously.

Then it goes from #1-10 outside of the Champion

Baldomir was the Champion I.e #1 in the division.
IronDan, if you want to use semantics then be my guest. If you want to go off how The Ring ranks fighters:

Champion=Champion
#1=#1
#2=#2

Theoretically, what you're saying is if Champion is #1, then #1 is #2... If that's the case, then #10 is really #11.... If that's the case then annually boxrec doesn't post Top 10 rankings; in reality they post Top 11 rankings.

Let's look at what you're saying:

Champion = #1

#1=#2
#2=#3
#10=#11

Correct?

The Ring publishes the Top 11 rankings annually.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:18 PM #158
Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
Easy way out? He just had a razor thin win against Mosley in an either way fight.

He chose Margarito because at the time it was seen as an easier fight. Cotto was a big favourite to win the Margarito fight.
This idiot doesn't have a clue.

IronDanHamza

We may disagree in this thread, but I think we can all agree on this.

Can you please tell Robbie Barrett that in 2008, Shane Mosley was NEVER looked at as a bigger threat than Margarito?

Damn, Robbie, did you just start watching the sport yesterday? I might have to sig this
Old 07-23-2017, 08:18 PM #159
BoxingScene Icon

Quote:
IronDan, if you want to use semantics then be my guest. If you want to go off how The Ring ranks fighters:

Champion=Champion
#1=#1
#2=#2

Theoretically, what you're saying is if Champion is #1, then #1 is #2... If that's the case, then #10 is really #11.... If that's the case then annually boxrec doesn't post Top 10 rankings; in reality they post Top 11 rankings.

Let's look at what you're saying:

Champion = #1

#1=#2
#2=#3
#10=#11

Correct?

The Ring publishes the Top 11 rankings annually.
Essentially yeah that's what it is when there is a Champion.

They have to start from #1 after the Champion because there isn't always a Champion. So some years yeah it's a Top 11.

Obviously THE CHAMPION is #1 because he's the champion. That's common sense.

When there's a Champion the #1 is essentially #2. Out of the 10 #1's Floyd beat in the division being fought in. Gatti was the only one that was #1 on a technicality. The rest were the highest ranked fighter in the divison being fought it unless it was Floyd himself.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:23 PM #160
Boxing

Quoted: 11571 Post(s)
Robbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,882,800,414,109,245,440.00
Total Points: 16,882,800,414,109,739,008.00
Good poster - Have a drink - arraamis Keep owning these trolls! - JK1700 

Quote:
This idiot doesn't have a clue.

IronDanHamza

We may disagree in this thread, but I think we can all agree on this.

Can you please tell Robbie Barrett that in 2008, Shane Mosley was NEVER looked at as a bigger threat than Margarito?

Damn, Robbie, did you just start watching the sport yesterday? I might have to sig this
Cotto was lucky to get the decision against Mosley and Cotto was a big favourite over Margarito. Of course Mosley was seen as a bigger threat.

Doesn't boxrec tell you that?

Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 07-23-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Robbie Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
fighters, floyds

User Tag List