Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many losses does Floyd Mayweather Jr have against SRL'S WW resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many losses does Floyd Mayweather Jr have against SRL'S WW resume?

I think he'll do decent tbh. He will obviously lose to Hearns based on styles and sheer size differential alone. He might possibly lose both to Duran, but could also go 1-1. He would be 50-50 against Benitez and maybe 60-40 against Ayub Kalule.

Ray Leonard big fights at WW:

Hearns
    Duran
    Duran
    Kalube
    Benitez
    Dave Green

Ayub is a very underrated champion, mainly due to the fact he fought in an incredible era of boxing. This guy was a tough fight and would have given most WW'S a battle.
    8.57%
    27.14%
    24.29%
    7.14%
    4.29%
    10.00%
    None.....
    18.57%

Hearns is the only one with a chance imo.

Comment

I think Floyd gets iced by Hearns and probably loses to Duran. All the other fights are winnable imo.

Comment

I think H2H Hearns in his prime at 147 against a 2006 prime Floyd at WW, he wins. Hearns and Leonard were much bigger naturally than Floyd. People seem to forget Floyd started out at 130, he's on the smaller side at 147, especially if he had to fight a Hearns or Leonard at the weight.

I think Floyd would beat the rest, Duran-Floyd would be close though. If Castillo had the style to trouble Floyd with his relentless attack and pressure, Duran would have more than shot to do so.

Floyd beats Benitez, Kalub, and Green though.

Comment

Floyd's best weight was 130 though. The 98-01 Floyd doesn't lose to any other Super Featherweight. I don't care what anyone says.

Comment

Hearns will and should rightfully be a 80-20 favorite. I'm not saying Hearns was overall better than Floyd, but a 6'2 WW with great boxing skills combine with great power is just too much for any version of Floyd(especially as people already know Floyd was a natural 130-135)

Everyone else, Floyd should be a favorite or slight favorite. Duran is a toss up. But I can see him winning both fights (or losing both).

Comment

it's tough picking Floyd vs Duran.. But assuming it's at the weight Ray fought him (both fights) I have to go with Duran

Comment

Mayweather-Duran at 147 (Floyd-Judah version and Duran-Leonard I version) would be a classic fight. It'd be a SD/MD and a very close fight.

Mayweather was too small to beat Leonard or Hearns. Those guys were big WW's, I mean Leonard was big enough to fight Marvin Hagler at 160, can you imagine what Floyd would look like at 160???

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
                  Hearns will and should rightfully be a 80-20 favorite. I'm not saying Hearns was overall better than Floyd, but a 6'2 WW with great boxing skills combine with great power is just too much for any version of Floyd(especially as people already know Floyd was a natural 130-135)

Everyone else, Floyd should be a favorite or slight favorite. Duran is a toss up. But I can see him winning both fights (or losing both).
                  I think Hearns beats Floyd, but I think that version of Duran loses to an 07/08 WW Floyd...Floyd wouldn't have made the mistakes against Duran that Leonard did in their first fight, it is just a different mentality. It would look like Duran-Leonard II in both fights. Would Duran make a match of it, of course. Would Floyd lose? Probably not, he is so good at scoring points.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Mayweather-Duran at 147 (Floyd-Judah version and Duran-Leonard I version) would be a classic fight. It'd be a SD/MD and a very close fight.

Mayweather was too small to beat Leonard or Hearns. Those guys were big WW's, I mean Leonard was big enough to fight Marvin Hagler at 160, can you imagine what Floyd would look like at 160???
                    I don't know... I heard from a lot of people Hagler fought at 158 on fight night. Floyd fought at what? 153 on fight night? The size differential wasn't as massive as some people make it out to be.
                    I'm not saying Floyd should go up and fight against a Jr or a Martinez. But saying Floyd is way too small for MW is a bit out of portions as well.

Duran beat Barkley.. and that was a way past it Duran at MW
                    Is the likes of Chavez Jr really that much better than Barkley?

I get it that Duran was bigger framed than Floyd, but once again.. I just think if Duran was around today, he might possibly have taken up on the challenge of slaying big MW'S.

Comment

Working...
                    X