No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis Stops Juan Jose Velasco, Secures WBSS Spot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
    Ramirez is not a big puncher and has no defense. Prograis will walk through him just like he did this dude.
    LMAO Ramirez hits like a truck...check out Mikey Garcia talking about sparring Ramirez. Ramirez destroys guys with body shots. Ramirez had ni damage after 12 rounds with a #1 ranked Iman who is known as hardest hitting in the division, Prograis got marked up by a bit too 50 figther.

Now you see why Prograis team turned down fighting Ramirez...thus fight hurts Prograis rep...Ramirez would end Velasco in 3 rounds...he's a C level fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
      Prograis has a hell of a shot
      I don’t think Ramirez will be the one to derail this train
      But I do agree someone will because he seems to be very stationary and take a lot of shots
      Someone with heavy hands will hurt him and possibly get him out of there
      Ramirez has more power and can out work anyone in the division...will take the biggest shots and wal right through them...Prograis was exposed as a hype job with this fight...Velasco not a top 50 and he marked up Prograis face like that...if those shot came from Ramirez Prograis would be in a world of hurt...I actually thought Regis was better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Force Boxing View Post
        Ramirez has more power and can out work anyone in the division...will take the biggest shots and wal right through them...Prograis was exposed as a hype job with this fight...Velasco not a top 50 and he marked up Prograis face like that...if those shot came from Ramirez Prograis would be in a world of hurt...I actually thought Regis was better.
        Sorry brother don’t agree
        Actually think Regis will walk through him and punish him
        Prograis ain’t that but it won’t be Ramirez to settle that

Comment

• Nice win by Prograis! He's very powerful, and very patient. He's not ready for Crawford! WBSS will tell us a lot! He'll have to fight better to beat Baranchyk or Relihk! If he wins the WBSS, his target should be Mikey Garcia or Ramirez, not 147!

Comment

• I think you have to take this fight with a grain of salt; Prograis was fighting in front of his home crowd for the first time and on ESPN as well. He had all of the local Louisiana athletes and celebrities ringside so he wanted to put on a show.

I think he could have fought a more measured fight but he wanted the knockout and he wanted to entertain the crowds with an agressive (and somewhat reckless) style. Prograis has the ability to box more, he's done it in earlier fights. Similar to Hurd, I think they often choose to employ a more pressure style and are more willing to eat punches if they think that's what's needed and don't fear the power shots coming back at them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Force Boxing View Post
              LMAO Ramirez hits like a truck...check out Mikey Garcia talking about sparring Ramirez. Ramirez destroys guys with body shots. Ramirez had ni damage after 12 rounds with a #1 ranked Iman who is known as hardest hitting in the division, Prograis got marked up by a bit too 50 figther.

Now you see why Prograis team turned down fighting Ramirez...thus fight hurts Prograis rep...Ramirez would end Velasco in 3 rounds...he's a C level fighter.
              He hit Imam with everything he had the same Imam who got stopped by journeyman Granados. Ramirez is not a big puncher, neither is Mikey Garcia at 140.

Comment

you have to ignore that force boxing poster. Hes extremely biased for Ramirez and likely lives in that Fresno area somwhere. he has nothing but praise for ramirez and thinks he's the next coming of Chavez Sr.

Prograis absolutely kills Ramirez. Ramirez has no punching power at all! He's more of an accumulation puncher almost like margarito. Prograis has serious thumping power! You can almost feel his shots. You can't say that about Ramirez's power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Nice win by Prograis! He's very powerful, and very patient. He's not ready for Crawford! WBSS will tell us a lot! He'll have to fight better to beat Baranchyk or Relihk! If he wins the WBSS, his target should be Mikey Garcia or Ramirez, not 147!
                  I got nothing out of this fight I can use later. It was exactly what it was. A good sparring sesion with an opponent willing to play the part of the punching bag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    I got nothing out of this fight I can use later. It was exactly what it was. A good sparring sesion with an opponent willing to play the part of the punching bag.
                    That punching bag was hitting back too! If anything, it made me doubt whether Prograis is the favorite to win the WBSS, and I would have to put Mikey as the favorite if they should meet at 140! I still have Prograis as the favorite to beat Jose Ramirez or Alex Saucedo.

Comment

Regis has great record full of bums... est win Indongo whi was never very good and took fight 2 weeks notice.

Ramirez hurts everyone he fights...world champions in sparring...and is a whole different animal. Prograis never fought anyone close to Ramirez...there's a reason why so many top guys have turned down fighting him, including Prograis team.

Comment

Working...
                      X