No announcement yet.

Hurd Is The Black Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurd Is The Black Margarito

Am I the only one who thought this was a carbon copy of Cotto / Margarito 1?

Hurd is just hellbent on breaking your will. He was eating clean and flush punches with no effect.

That was my prediction. He would mow Lara down and flatten him late. But Lara got up to my surprise.

I was shocked by Lara's chin too. The guy can take a beating. But maybe now people understand and appreciate Lara's style. Wars like this can cut a career short. I expect a long layoff for Lara.

Even though the KD was the difference on the cards Lara took the worse of it.

yeah he does seem to be exactly like margarito. tall. lanky. granite chinned. awesome bodywork. slow twitcher, high volume. amazing stamina.

Comment

Yeah but even bigger than Margarito, this guy has the same size as Kovalev and fights at 154, how is that possible. I still like the dude, very humble guy.

Comment

yes, i've called him the black margarito too. lol, he has a chin but that's basically his defense

Comment

Very good comparison. He's not immensely skilled but he has some nuances to his game in addition to the sheer physicality and endurance. I like that he changes the speed and power of his punches often and has a good variety. His defense is atrocious though... Just like Marg.

Comment

And he use a lot the uppers...

Comment

Eh..he's much better than Margarito[not saying much] much faster and can actually make you miss..and more than likely doesn't cheat.

Comment

Interesting...that is actually a good comparison considering that crazy ass relentlessness and that damn TANK. Hurd STAMINA is ridiculous!

Comment

Been saying the same for a while. That left to the gut is painful. That chin is like iron and his take is way way up there.....laras face bones looked broken.

Comment

Pretty good comparison

Comment

Working...
                    X