Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do even the most mediocre fights take so long to get made at pbc?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do even the most mediocre fights take so long to get made at pbc?

take all of these fights for instance,
    • garcia-peterson
    • quillin-jacobs
    • santa cruz-mares
    • porter-thurman tbd

they say - "well pbc aint been here dat long tho! it's only been a year tho!"

yes, pbc has only been around for a year however these fighters have been managed by haymon for a very long time now. each one of them. that is only 3 elite fights that pbc has broadcasted...what a joke!

there will be no ducking in PBC doe. It'll be just like the UFC where everyone will fight everyone doe!

Comment

Didn't take long for freedom to make an alt

Comment

Because despite the quantity of fighters, there isn't much talent at PBC and far, far too many shows. And there's really no incentive, rhyme or reason to match them tough. Errybody gets paid.

Comment

Who's showing good fights all the time in boxing? HBO is the gold standard of quality fights in boxing & even they don't show good fights all the time. Most people aren't supportive of them selling Kovalev vs Pascal II & Pacquiao vs Bradley III right now in fact.

In no way is PBC powerful enough yet or going to be counterproductive enough to their own long term aspirations in boxing to be able to or looking to match all there best fights up on a week by week basis or whatever the expectation is. They are basically keeping to a HBO-like schedule of one big fight a month on average. They are still in the growth process & this is a long term play that is still in the early stages.

Comment

It does seem to me that they are due for some big announcements in the next week or 2. Aren't some of these network deals supposed to be for monthly shows?

Comment

I have no issue as long as they continue to try to make them. I just find it weird that so much hoopla takes place when one gets made. I mean I like Thurman vs Porter. It is a good fight, but some on the internet are acting like its Floyd vs Manny all over again. It is a fight between 2 top 10 contenders. It is not a super fight.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                I have no issue as long as they continue to try to make them. I just find it weird that so much hoopla takes place when one gets made. I mean I like Thurman vs Porter. It is a good fight, but some on the internet are acting like its Floyd vs Manny all over again. It is a fight between 2 top 10 contenders. It is not a super fight.
                The winner of Thurman vs Porter automatically becomes the new 147 king. That's why a lot of us are making a big deal out of this fight.

Look at the 147 landscape, the supposed 147 top guys been fighting trash basically.

Kell Brook did win his belt against Shawn Porter and i give him props for that but he's been fighting pure garbage ever since. I can't even remember the names of the guys he's been fighting.

Personally i do not consider Tim Bradley an elite 147er but a lot of people do for some reason. I do not believe that one should become a welterterweight champion by defeating fckin trash bag jesse vergas. I do not belive one becomes an elite welterweight by defeating fckin bum bum rios, jesse vergas and diego chaves. Oh and losing to #48 twice.

No matter wich way you slice it, the winner of Thurman-Porter becomes THE guy.

Comment

You must be new to boxing. This is not just a PBC thing.

Comment

It's because Al Haymon doesn't like unpredictability. Everything about the match ups are either predictable showcase fights or after thought contenders fighting like pigeons for the last piece of bread.

Yes, there has been a few big, good, fights with big names where the outcome could be anyone's guess. But like OP said, these aren't what you'd call mega must see fights. I mean Porter vs Broner, it was like we all had to kiss PBC's @ss and give them so much credit for making the fight. When in actuality, Broner hadn't done anything of note since getting pole axed by Chino and Porter had smashed Paulie to bits, which isn't anything sensational I must say.

To make fighters elite, they have to break the mold and do something sensational. There is nothing sensational or edgy about PBC's packaged crap aimed at casuals.

Comment

Working...
                    X