Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Monroe's VADA Test Threatens Charlo Fight, Korobov Could Step In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Damn right. I'd be happier to see that than Monroe anyway even with the questionmarks over Matvey. Monroe had - in effect - no chance and wouldn't really have even made it entertaining. Matvey's not really a high octane fighter either but technically he's as good as they get... just needs to remember not to get complacent and keep his wits when he's looking for a finish.
    Could argue Korobov is a better fight anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Not a good look for Victor Conte another of his fighters testing positive from SNAC supps
      So he is one of Conte’s clients? If so Conte’s road from criminal scumbag to accepted operator took a big hit.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        So he is one of Conte’s clients? If so Conte’s road from criminal scumbag to accepted operator took a big hit.
        Don't worry, Conte will say he wasn't training Monroe for this fight and wasn't responsible for this failed test.

Comment

Korobov has real chance at upset, great boxer who had bad luck and tough promotions.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            Could argue Korobov is a better fight anyways.
            Exactly what I am arguing. Monroe effectively had no chance and would have stunk it up... Korobov, well... an in form - (even a 80% or 90%) Korobov is potentially a risky fight for Jermall at the very least one that could make him look less than stellar without any commensurate rewards. Honestly I'd like to see it, but I'd be thinking hard about taking this one on short notice if I was managing Jermall.

Comment

Hold on Matt korobov might be the replacement? He is a great boxer and definetly more of challenge. Kinda hoping it happens

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                it's a BS logjam where everyone is waiting to fight Canelo, and Canelo only fights twice a year, and doesn't want to fight any of them.

as for quality, nobody quality is ever available on short notice.
                Quality replacements are available rarely. Hell, Crawford was a late replacement in what came to be his intro to the world.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    Exactly what I am arguing. Monroe effectively had no chance and would have stunk it up... Korobov, well... an in form - (even a 80% or 90%) Korobov is potentially a risky fight for Jermall at the very least one that could make him look less than stellar without any commensurate rewards. Honestly I'd like to see it, but I'd be thinking hard about taking this one on short notice if I was managing Jermall.
                    I haven't seen Korobov since the Andy Lee KO. Has he improved?

Comment

Re

Apparently it wasnt just the fans that knew Monroe had no shot . He knew himself . I guess the masking agent didnt work.

This Korobov only has one loss, and he has a win over Uzcategui...Charlo may be getting a tougher challenge here...

Comment

Working...
                      X