Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrade vs. Kautondokwa For WBO Belt If Saunders Is Stripped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
    I know there are at least 5-6 examples of athletes banned in other sports; cycling, track, baseball from the same drug. I believe WADA guidlines apply to athletes in all sports, unless you are a red haired mexican.
    I always have to look this stuff up on google because I haven't heard of a lot of it and don't follow other sports. From what I found, WADA guidelines would mean BJS gets off because his substance is allowed but not on days when actually competing (so I'm thinking that rule is targetted at cyclists using this stuff inbetween stages of a race or even during a race?) but VADA rules say it's prohibited full stop so he's violated the rules he signed up for.

Of the previous PED cases it reminds me of Luis Ortiz vs Wilder the first time they scheduled it. If BJS had declared beforehand that he was taking this for an illness we likely don't have any issue. But he takes a substance without telling anyone and claims ignorance after he tests positive and all we have is his word for it that it wasn't doping. Hard to believe him and Ortiz are both that stupid but I'd like to see him removed from the event either way. Maybe this random African dude will be real good like Dogboe turned out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
      The fight should still be allowed to go ahead, test was back in August so potentially there’s no contract for Andrade fight so it’s out of competition.... and it’s allowed for use outside competition and it is in nasal spray.... my 2 cents
      Funny but you all jump on Canelo calling him a cheat yet this drug is 10x stronger then what Canelo had in him. To add it's illegal all year round in the US. Just the UK allows it out of competition.
      Billy talked so much **** about Canelo I find this very funny. He will be stripped because there is no way they can hold Canelo out for 6 months and this is much worse then Canelo's issue and Canelo had the popularity and money around him which Billy does not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
        In reality, what time did Canelo actually serve?
        There was always going to be 6 months between the two Golovkin fights so that was a bit pointless.
        Just saying
        Wrong Canelo always fights in May and in September. He was forced to throw out a 50-100 million dollar payday in May and had to wait till September. So between the fights it took a year for the rematch because the 6 months ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          YES! Walter is the best MW in the whole Namibia, about time he gets a shot at a world title!
          I have been asking... what is the book on him? I have never heard of Kautondokwa. Haven't until a couple days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            I always have to look this stuff up on google because I haven't heard of a lot of it and don't follow other sports. From what I found, WADA guidelines would mean BJS gets off because his substance is allowed but not on days when actually competing (so I'm thinking that rule is targetted at cyclists using this stuff inbetween stages of a race or even during a race?) but VADA rules say it's prohibited full stop so he's violated the rules he signed up for.

Of the previous PED cases it reminds me of Luis Ortiz vs Wilder the first time they scheduled it. If BJS had declared beforehand that he was taking this for an illness we likely don't have any issue. But he takes a substance without telling anyone and claims ignorance after he tests positive and all we have is his word for it that it wasn't doping. Hard to believe him and Ortiz are both that stupid but I'd like to see him removed from the event either way. Maybe this random African dude will be real good like Dogboe turned out to be.
            It is amazing how I change my mind over time, as distance provides cooler heads. When Ortiz- one of my favorite HW at the time- popped positive and blamed high blood pressure and that his team didn't report it properly, I completely disbelieved him. Now, as it is true he has HBP, I tend to believe him. When Canelo first popped positive and blamed I beef, I completely believed him and defended him at first on these boards. Over time as facts came out, I tend to not take his word for it anymore and think he was on it illegally.

This does not seem to be a drug that is aimed at anything but increasing stamina. But I am completely onboard right now with it being taken to get an advantage in training and being done intentio9nally. In a few weeks? We will see, as more facts come out.

I am not one who thinks popping positive should destroy a career. I think these fighters such as Alvarez, Ortiz (both of whom I am fans of) and Saunders (not so much) have lost the benefit of the doubt and need to be held to much higher scrutiny. I am also in favor of punishment- Ortiz lost his title shot at the time and was suspended from the rankings of one of the alphabet organizations, Alvarez was suspended, and I do believe Saunders should be stripped. But I think if they all pee clean, they should be fine and forgiven after they serve they punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              Harry Simon.. is he a singer?
              You can be forgiven for being new to this!!!

Comment

Exactly. Ignorance is no excuse. Can you imagine jeopardizing 10's of thousands of $$$ because you are too stupid or lazy to make sure what you put in your body? It's hard to believe anyone is that stupid, so I think they did it purposely. If they are that dumb, they don't need anymore shots to the head so better get out of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by redmyth79 View Post
                  Wrong Canelo always fights in May and in September. He was forced to throw out a 50-100 million dollar payday in May and had to wait till September. So between the fights it took a year for the rematch because the 6 months ban.
                  If I remember right the fight was cancelled before the suspension. Its BS anyway. He should havd had a 2 year ban like Erik Morales. Same drug, same excuse. $$$ talks.

Comment

The commission better not license this scumbag

Comment

Warren's statement says that he was within WADA rules, and that appears to be the case. But seems fisheyes is trying to pull a fast one with his wording because like you say he signed up to VADA testing which lists oxilofrine as a banned substance and doesn't allow for 'out of competition' positives for it like WADA guidelines.

He should be out of the fight and banned but not sure he will be. If it's down to the commission now then money likely talks.
                      VADA are a testing organisation only. They follow WADA regulations on what is allowed and what isn't.

WADA draw up the protocol and regulations, VADA do the tests and get them analysed, then inform WADA and the sanctioning organisation if there are any irregularities.

It will be up to the Massachusets commission and the WBO to decide whether BJS is allowed to fight or not. If they refuse to allow him, the fight is off and BJS gets stripped of his title.

Comment

Working...
                      X