Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Ali Bashir on split with Usyk: Egis Klimas pushed me out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't the same Klimas that coached Loma's ears in providing a boxer's own partial purse to Walters was it? Same Klimas that sounded shook when Rigo vs Loma was rumored to be the works by fans.

Comment

Why not tell Bashir that he's no longer Usyk's coach?

If Bashir is speaking the truth then that was a rotten way to handle it.
      They are free to train with whoever they want but they should be professional about it.

A clean split helps both parties get on with their business and is usually better for the boxer/s involved.

Comment

A lot of the ex-Soviets take on American trainers because they are under the impression that the Soviet style is amateurish and the American style works in the pros. But like someone said earlier, there's little you can teach a man in his 30s when he's had hundreds of amateur fights. So naturally, they go back to a trainer from their home country that they feel more comfortable with. I don't have a problem with this. Usyk doesn't owe Bashir anything. Bashir didn't make Usyk into the fighter he is today. Bashir was just along for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by harrys View Post
          Why not tell Bashir that he's no longer Usyk's coach?

If Bashir is speaking the truth then that was a rotten way to handle it.
          They are free to train with whoever they want but they should be professional about it.

A clean split helps both parties get on with their business and is usually better for the boxer/s involved.
          That's the way I see it.

A fighter should be free to train with whoever he feels the most comfortable with. But just be courteous and professional when you change trainers.

By all accounts Usyk seems like a good guy. So it's believable that Klimas is the one responsible for the classless way this was handled.

Comment

Will John David Jackson be next to be pushed out, I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Hmmmm First Sergey & his trainer. Now Usyk & his trainer. Notice a pattern with Klimas and his fighters
              It sure looks like a pattern to me.

Comment

People are so quick to demonize Klimas, if what Bashir is saying is true than rightfully so but there is so much we don't know and instead of just keeping it at that people have to fill in gaps with their biased narrative. The only thing i know for sure is that Klimas sucks at translating and is either unaware of how bad he is or is just being cheap or both.

Comment

Working...
                X