No announcement yet.

Boxer to keep an eye on: Diego Gabriel Cháves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxer to keep an eye on: Diego Gabriel Cháves

22 Wins 18 by KO 0 losses and draws. Guys 27 years old from Argentina and he's fighting Keith Thurman on 2013–07–27
    His last two fights, KO in round 2 and 3.

FerFAL
    Last edited by FerFAL; 06-03-2013, 08:25 PM.

Thurman knocks him out.....mark it down

Comment

You think so? He had problems with an old, expired Jan Zaveck.
      FerFAL

Comment

This guy is awful. Anybody with movement is going to severely embarrass him. Hell that Massoudi whoever the hell that is was having his moments.

Problems with an old Jan Zaveck who happens to be a better fighter even at this stage than Chaves ever will be.

Thurman knocks this kid out. I am not sold on Thurman but this guy is not good and wouldn't even beat a Chris Van Heerden hell I doubt this guy beats a Matthew Hatton, real talk.
        He looks a very small welterweight to me too.

Comment

He will take out Thurman. I know he is the real deal.

Comment

Could be the next fighter from Argentina to make a splash but his competition has been AWFUL in Argentina so it is hard to tell just how good he is, we will find out against Thurman

Comment

i lean towards Thurman just because of slightly more experience and he has improved each time i have seen him..

Going to be an exciting fight, but Thurman looks good, maybe thurman 2 years ago would be in trouble with this guy but not after the lessons learned in the quintana, and zaveck fights..

Thurman is really becoming a decent fighter for a brawler type...

Comment

I don't know - this Chaves guy looks pretty solid. If Thurman leaves himself open, he could get his own lights turned out. This guys brings it so it is going to end in KO either way. I see a war for as long as it lasts with both guys taking and landing some solid shots. If Chaves holds up and fires back, this is the kind of fight that could take a lot out of both guys.
                Last edited by richardt; 06-03-2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  This guy is awful. Anybody with movement is going to severely embarrass him. Hell that Massoudi whoever the hell that is was having his moments.

Problems with an old Jan Zaveck who happens to be a better fighter even at this stage than Chaves ever will be.

Thurman knocks this kid out. I am not sold on Thurman but this guy is not good and wouldn't even beat a Chris Van Heerden hell I doubt this guy beats a Matthew Hatton, real talk.
                  He looks a very small welterweight to me too.
                  At first he seems to be standing there like a pile of stones, but then you see there's an old school boxing style to it, with nice and fast hand and head movement. He's not jumping around like a monkey on cocaine, but his style still seems to be effective. I'll be looking forward to the fight. At the very least he's a very tough guy with a solid punch (and WAY more hunger to win than the Thurman guy who sounds like a duchebag)
                  Carlos Mozon used to say that one of the keys for a boxer to win is just that, hunger for success, hunger to overcome poverty. Heck, his fighting style reminds me a little of Monzon, another guy that didnt jump around like a spring all fight long.
                  FerFAL
                  Last edited by FerFAL; 06-04-2013, 04:09 AM.

Comment

this KID was beaten by an almost retired 38 years old boxer. not so long ago....the judges just gave him the fight, because the other guy was too old to be the champion....I WAS AT THAT FIGHT

LOOK ON YOUTUBE diego chaves vs omar weis

Comment

Working...
                    X