No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa fights at 126lb.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuriorkis Gamboa fights at 126lb.

I just thought I should remind everyone that Yuriorkis Gamboa is a small 126lb fighters with a frame that doesn't leave much room for putting on extra weight.

For some strange reason people keep trying to throw him into fights with fighters 2-3 weight classes above him. I have no idea why...

People seem the avoid the obvious choices, such as Donaire... or Mares...

Fighters that are... you know... within a weight-class of him.

he's not a small 126 lber at all...**** , he's bigger than chris john imo...

the problem i have for gamboa is calling rios out then punking out like a b1tch a week before the fight....there's no explaining that

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post

the problem i have for gamboa is calling rios out then punking out like a b1tch a week before the fight....there's no explaining that
      He is small. The guy is 5'5 with a 65" reach, and his frame is already completely filled out.

There is no room for growth. No room for filling out, no room for moving up through the weight classes.

Compare him to a Donaire for example. Tall, skinny with a frame that can accommodate extra bulk.

Comment

I would like to see him in the ring with Chris John.

Comment

Chris John vs Gamboa needs to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post

A week before? I'm not defending Gamboa at all here, but he pulled out with more than week before fight night.

Comment

As much as I'd like to see Gamboa fight Broner the size difference between the two is huge. I mean Broner was a massive super featherweight and he is gonna be a pretty big lightweight.

Comment

I was excited for the Rios fight because I think pretty highly of Gamboa, and I thought he could beat him, despite the jump in weight. I still think highly of him despite my disappointment in how he handled this, so I want to see if he can eventually move up effectively.

Gamboa-Broner could be a really good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  I just thought I should remind everyone that Yuriorkis Gamboa is a small 126lb fighters with a frame that doesn't leave much room for putting on extra weight.

For some strange reason people keep trying to throw him into fights with fighters 2-3 weight classes above him. I have no idea why...

People seem the avoid the obvious choices, such as Donaire... or Mares...

Fighters that are... you know... within a weight-class of him.
                  He's the one who entertained the idea by calling Pacquiao out.... Everyone else just ran with it.....

Comment

I guess I think of him as a lightweight because he said he wanted to fight there. With the weigh in so far ahead of the fight it could be he was really dry at 126 but only he and his trainers know this. I think he should fight at the lowest weight that he feels good and strong at whatever weight that is.

Comment

Working...
                    X