Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Worse: Pacquiao draining Cotto by 2 lbs, Or Ward draining Dawson by 7 lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Worse: Pacquiao draining Cotto by 2 lbs, Or Ward draining Dawson by 7 lbs?

I remember Pacquiao got a lot of criticism for draining Cotto down by 2 pounds below the 147 limit to 145 lbs. Doesn't Ward deserve the same, or worse criticism for draining Dawson down by 7 lbs to 168lbs when his usual fighting weight is 175lbs.. I mean it's more than triple the amount of weight that Cotto had to drain.. Surely there should be more outrage at Ward for this?
    Ward weight-draining Dawson by 7 pounds is WORSE
    37.84%
    Pacquiao weight-draining Cotto by 2 pounds is WORSE
    36.04%
    They about the same
    5.86%
    None
    20.27%

dawson volunteered to drop to 168..

he;s been saying for years that he'd fight there for the right money.

now, if he's a zombie out there, the advantage will be to ward, but i dont think he'd sign up for that.

and cotto was 146 for clottey. the catchweight at 145 didn't help him, but it had nothing to do with the outcome of the pacquiao fight.

Comment

DLh bloating Pac 2 division, and Floyd bloating JMM up 2 divisions and coming over weight is probably worse.

Comment

the difference is pac is the one who went to his master(bob) and begged to fight cotto after seeing cotto go life and death clottey. to drain him to 145 for the ww title was insult to injury. dawson is the one challenging ward and if dawson loses he is still the lhw champ.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

and cotto was held at gunpoint to fight pac at 145?

Comment

1. 168 is an actual weight class

2. Ward's belts at 168 are on the line

3. Dawson volunteered to go down to 168 and said that he has been thinking about doing so for a while

These 2 situations are nothing alike.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              DLh bloating Pac 2 division, and Floyd bloating JMM up 2 divisions and coming over weight is probably worse.

you guys are literally in your own world, aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

now, if he's a zombie out there, the advantage will be to ward, but i dont think he'd sign up for that.

and cotto was 146 for clottey. the catchweight at 145 didn't help him, but it had nothing to do with the outcome of the pacquiao fight.
                No offense but maybe that's the ONLY way he could get Ward? Why couldn't they AT LEAST do a catchweight? There's always the possibility Dawson volunteered himself on that interview for 168 just to get Ward's attention but when negotiations came around maybe he offered 175 or a catchweight and was denied by Ward's people? Pure speculations here but can't ignore it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                  and cotto was held at gunpoint to fight pac at 145?

he did not volunteer to go to 145. he agreed to it

dawson volunteered to fight ward at 168. that's what got the ball rolling on all of this. post hopkins II presser i believe, but i'd have to check around to see where it all began. he volunteered.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    1. 168 is an actual weight class

2. Ward's belts at 168 are on the line

3. Dawson volunteered to go down to 168 and said that he has been thinking about doing so for a while

These 2 situations are nothing alike.
                    168 is a weight limit for super middleweight. 161-168 is a weight class

Have you ever seen a super middleweight disqualified for coming in at 165?
                    Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-27-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X