Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweet Pea vs. Sergio Martinez at 154 lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
    I'd root for Martinez, but I don't know how he'd be able to handle someone like Pernell.

No way Martinez would win by UD. He would have to win by KO to beat Whitaker.
    and that aint happening..hell he said floyd would last the distance..so how would he ko prime whitaker?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      going by this thread i dont think they do..i think pullcounter owned himself trying to make a invalid point....lol
      Pull maybe didnt know but Martinez is much better than Vazquez. With that said Nell would still school him. I think he would shoot for about 150 to not lose much speed and quickness because Martinez is fast.

Comment

and that aint happening..hell he said floyd would last the distance..so how would he ko prime whitaker?
        Good point.

Martinez sold Floyd short. Hed last the distance and win by wide UD.

Comment

Pernell will probably win but not "school" martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
            Pernell will probably win but not "school" martinez.
            i know he wouldnt school sergio..thats why i said it would be a classic

Comment

i know he wouldnt school sergio..thats why i said it would be a classic
              probably. martinez has significant reach advantage, height advantage. the other has speed, head, body movement....

Comment

Honestly, next year - boy, oh boy - next year I will flood Top Rank's e-mail address that says Manny Pacquiao vs Sergio Martinez at 160lbs. After Timothy Bradley in spring of 2012 then Sergio Martinez in fall of 2012.

That year will cement some thing greatness can't even explain. Manny Pacquiao will break that damn GOAT or ATG ceilings that any ordinary Larry's will have to eat dirt and next proclaim Manny Pacquiao as the greatest fighter boxing has ever had. Pacquiao has no ordinary footwork, his styles can break a brick wall, and his strength can saddle down any boxer around the world.

Remember this next year, Pacquiao will shut people's mouth once again. Pacquiao is milking the cow right now. He commands a total of a million plus PPVs every year not even Oscar de la Hoya was able to do that.

Manny Pacquiao vs Sergio Martinez will break that 2.9 million PPV record because it will be for the Middleweight Championship.

BUT THIS IS ALL JUST A DREAM SINCE TODAY IS NOT TOMORROW AND WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH TODAY!

Comment

Pernell Whitaker can't fight competitively at 154 got beaten by a unknown fighter Carlos Bojorquez who is 5'10 which Martinez is of same height. PW fought JCV at 154 whose height is 5'8 and has a reach equal to that of PW it was IMO a winnable fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
                    Pernell Whitaker can't fight competitively at 154 got beaten by a unknown fighter Carlos Bojorquez who is 5'10 which Martinez is of same height. PW fought JCV at 154 whose height is 5'8 and has a reach equal to that of PW it was IMO a winnable fight.
                    Yeah I'm sure you've never seen that fight, Pernell was done, out of shape, shot, broke his clavicle. 9:19. That was his last fight, an end to his great career.

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
                      Was Pernell anywhere near prime against Carlos.

Comment

Working...
                      X