No announcement yet.

David Price has his first real test on Saturday: Osbourne Machimana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Price has his first real test on Saturday: Osbourne Machimana

David Price hasn't faced any decent journeymen up until now, but on Saturday he'll be fighting KO artist Osbourne Machimana, the South African heavyweight who brutally ended Corrie Sanders career.

On the same card there's another decent UK heavyweight prospect: Tom Dallas, but he'll be taking on a less dangerous opponent, Werner Kreiskott.

I'll put up some money on David Price winning this one.

Comment

At Brentwood, England:

Jamie Arthur vs. Jason Booth, 12 rounds, for Arthur's Commonwealth junior featherweight title

David Price vs. Osborne Machimana, 10 rounds, heavyweights

Ashley Sexton vs. Martin Power, 10 rounds, junior bantamweights

On paper, the main event looks like a solid matchup between two good domestic level U.K. fighters who usually give it their all. Booth lost a closer than expected fight to Steve Molitor in a title shot his last time out, while Arthur revived his seemingly flagging career with a win over Kris Hughes, garnering him the Commonwealth title at super bantamweight. As it is, both the Commonwealth and British titles are on the line for this one.

David Price was a 2008 Olympian at super heavyweigh and won the bronze medal for the UK. Machimana is a step up in class for Price - he's the reigning South African heavyweight titlist, and ended the career of Corrie Sanders with a 1st round KO.

The telecast will be starting in a little over an hour from now.

Comment

Price by 3rd round KO

Comment

I'm glad someone other than Tyson Fury is getting some TV exposure. Let's hope Price is the real deal.

Comment

Starting in 10 minutes I think

Comment

I've found a couple of streams, if anyone needs one PM me.

Comment

I've always rated Price and I think he does have a good future ahead of him as long as he stays on track and his training/sparring is good. One of the positives from his sparring is that he's been working with Tom Dallas, another British prospect who's looking decent. I don't think Dallas is going past domestic/European but Price made him his bitch in sparring, he really impressed me.

First person to stop Raman Sukhaterin in his last time out, decent performance and he's not really known for his power. Rumours that he has a weak chin, but hasn't been dropped so far, yes he was stopped in the Olympics but it was a standing stoppage.

Watch out of Price's combinations, he throws some good ones for a man his size and I reckon this will ensure that tonight's fight is entertaining. He can be our best heavyweight in years to come, until Anthony Joshua comes through.

Comment

Looks like the first live fight will be Price-Machimana.

This is the only one on this card I'm really interested in.

Comment

Here we go then. Moment of truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X