Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Oscar De La Hoya vs 2010 Floyd Mayweather At 147lb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar UD. 1998 Oscar isn't the same as a 38 year old Mosley.

Comment

No version of Oscar beats any version of Floyd, will you cats just admit Floyd is the best we've seen since Ray Leonard,

Comment

Originally posted by Sin Miedo View Post
        De La Hoya would give him lots of problems. With as many combos De La Hoya use to throw back then it would throw Mayweather off

Would be a close decision imo
        see, I disagree with this and I think you will see why in the Pac fight. No one is just going to be letting loose & throwing mad combos against a prime or nice sized Mayweather. He's going to bring most guys punch output way down. However, even if you do get your punch output up, he's not just going to go into a shell. Its just going to leave more openings for him to counter

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          see, I disagree with this and I think you will see why in the Pac fight. No one is just going to be letting loose & throwing mad combos against a prime or nice sized Mayweather. He's going to bring most guys punch output way down. However, even if you do get your punch output up, he's not just going to go into a shell. Its just going to leave more openings for him to counter
          I agree with you.

All this bull**** about throwing lots of punches will win fights against defensive geniuses are getting tiresome.

How many punches did Winky throw against Bernard? And the whirlwind himself, Calzaghe, how much exactly did he land against the ancient Hopkins?

Great counter-punchers will always limit the punch output of any fighter, regardless of who it is. Flashy combos are thrown against lesser opposition or fighters without counter-punching skills/power.

Pac will find this out the hard way.

Comment

Oscar would do great early, and hang on for the close decision.

Comment

Working...
            X