Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I honestly had no idea how anybody thought Jones would beat Hopkins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    What did we see today? I saw Roy for the most part controlling the first round with feints and the jab, then getting caught with a right hand behind the ear from a guy who can punch.

Roy can't take the best punch in the world any more, we get it. Bernard can't give the best punch in the world, so how is that relevant?

When you get down the the nitty gritty of how the fight would play out, you come out with a situation that would play into Roy's best asset, his still phenomenal hand speed.
    What we saw was Jones getting wiped out in one round by a mediocre fighter.

Hopkins's punch was still enough to stun Pavlik and Calzaghe.

Roy has nice handspeed but it's not going to win him any real fights if he has nothing else. His legs and reflexes are shot, his chin is gone and he isn't fundamentally the most outstanding boxer out there.

Comment

Originally posted by PhonzoXD View Post
      yea but too bad Floyd ducked Mosley
      Call me crazy but didn't floyd call him out earlier in his career and mosley came up with some BS like he wanted to go on vacation with his family?

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        Who are you kidding? green can punch, but he can not punch like a mule, he isn't that big of a puncher himself. Stop kidding yourself.
        How you can even try and argue that a man with an 80.65% KO ratio can't punch like a mule is beyond me. Just to put things into perspective, thats the same KO percentage as Aurthur Abraham.

Manny Pacquiao only has a 69% KO ratio.
        Tommy Hearns only had a 74% KO ratio.

Danny Green can crack, get over yourself.

Comment

How you can even try and argue that a man with an 80.65% KO ratio can't punch like a mule is beyond me. Just to put things into perspective, thats the same KO percentage as Aurthur Abraham.

Who has Danny Green knocked out outside of Roy Jones? Otis Griffin? Please don't compare him to the likes of Pacquiao, Hearns or even Abraham.

If Green punched that hard, he should have finished off Mundine and Beyer. Roy couldn't last a round with him. He's done.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            What we saw was Jones getting wiped out in one round by a mediocre fighter.

Hopkins's punch was still enough to stun Pavlik and Calzaghe.

Roy has nice handspeed but it's not going to win him any real fights if he has nothing else. His legs and reflexes are shot, his chin is gone and he isn't fundamentally the most outstanding boxer out there.
            What I saw was Roy getting caught with a good punch be a great puncher, taking care of himself, then having the plug pulled prematurely.

There is no question in my mind that Roy would have survived the round and that Danny Green would have been punched out and tired the next round giving Roy ample opportunity to get his head right, and reassert control of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
              I was telling everybody that. I'm mad that I even had to debate this, seriously. Roy is done and I was one of the very few who didn't respect the fact that B-Hop even wanted it. I wasn't too happy with B-Hop at all.
              What if the only reason B-Hop agreed to the fight was because he knew Roy would lose to Green... Probably why he threw in the contingency clause.

Comment

calzaghe has a higher ko ratio than pac hehe

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                  Who has Danny Green knocked out outside of Roy Jones? Otis Griffin? Please don't compare him to the likes of Pacquiao, Hearns or even Abraham.

If Green punched that hard, he should have finished off Mundine and Beyer. Roy couldn't last a round with him. He's done.
                  Oh you are going to play this game are you? Watch his fight, and tell me what your eyes tell you. I know you are not stupid, and you can tell when a guy has heavy hands, and Green has very heavy hands.

Nobody is calling him the best fighter in the world, because hes not, hes C+ at best, but that has nothing to do with his ability to punch, and the guy can punch.

People put fighters on pedestals, they think a name on a fighters resume makes the fighter. It doesn't. Irregardless of who he beat, he can still punch like a mule.

Pacquiao's KO percentage isn't more impressive because he is Manny Pacquiao. Abraham's isn't any more impressive because he is Abraham. They are people just like Danny Green, and just like them, Danny Green can punch. Get over yourself.

The fact that I even have to argue this attests to how absurd you are being.

I mean seriously...

Comment

Oh you are going to play this game are you? Watch his fight, and tell me what your eyes tell you. I know you are not stupid, and you can tell when a guy has heavy hands, and Green has very heavy hands.

Nobody is calling him the best fighter in the world, because hes not, hes C+ at best, but that has nothing to do with his ability to punch, and the guy can punch.

People put fighters on pedestals, they think a name on a fighters resume makes the fighter. It doesn't. Irregardless of who he beat, he can still punch like a mule.
                    I saw him hardly land a punch flush with Jones flopping on the canvas like a fish. The man's legs and chin are gone, that's all. He wasn't facing a huge puncher because I've seen Danny Green's fights and he is hardly the next coming of George Foreman.

People are in serious need of having to face the facts. Roy is finished and will never be a good fighter again. Hopkins is coming off a 12 round schooling over a similar but better fighter than Green, while Jones just got KO'd in one round.

Pacquiao's KO percentage isn't more impressive because he is Manny Pacquiao. Abraham's isn't any more impressive because he is Abraham. They are people just like Danny Green, and just like them, Danny Green can punch. Get over yourself.
                    I don't look into KO percentages, I look at the fights and the competition they've KO'd. Green hasn't KO'd anybody other than Jones.

The fact that I even have to argue this attests to how absurd you are being.

I mean seriously...
                    It's as if you know what you're saying is completely delusional. Are you kidding?

Comment

Working...
                    X