Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 30-Day Weights: Gennady Golovkin 165.1, Daniel Jacobs 174.8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    You just said it: he turned pro later than Floyd.

Let's not talk about Floyd Canelo, he drained Canelo but fought Cotto and Oscar at 154.
    Weight had nothing to do with that outcome. The skill gap was to great. Now if you say age I can give a lil thought to that. But they said the boy was ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Do you consider Mayweather a small welterweight? Go back and look at his WBC 30 day weigh ins. He was always around 149-151. He weighed 150 for the 30 day weigh in against Canelo and 151 at the fight weigh in. I've never heard anyone call Floyd a small welterweight. I've never heard anyone say Floyd shouldn't move up. Hell, some even said he should move up to 160. GGG has not outgrown middleweight. He's making the weight comfortably so he doesn't have to move up. The only reason he should move up is for challenges, just like Floyd only moved up for challenges.
      You won't get a reasonable response to this because those are too many facts.

Comment

14 pounds to lose in 30 days tells me he will be weak after he makes 160 GGG by Ko in 7 or less

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
          The people who said Floyd should go to 160 are as ridiculous as the ones who say Golovkin should go to 175.
          Stop taking hits for GGG
          his name is Golovkin not Gonzalez

GGG's team said anybody from 154 to 168 can get it....they kept the 154 real....the 168 part,not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Stop taking hits for GGG
            his name is Golovkin not Gonzalez

GGG's team said anybody from 154 to 168 can get it....they kept the 154 real....the 168 part,not so much.
            Maybe he'll go to 168 after he's done cleaning out 160?

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
              Maybe he'll go to 168 after he's done cleaning out 160?
              He didn't mind fighting 154lb guys.

GGG is just not very ambitious.
              He doesn't have those dare to be great genes.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                14 pounds to lose in 30 days tells me he will be weak after he makes 160 GGG by Ko in 7 or less
                Fourteen pounds in 30 days is not much for these guys. Fairly standard.

I'm a bit surprised with Golovkin. Must really live the life.

Comment

Do you consider Mayweather a small welterweight? Go back and look at his WBC 30 day weigh ins. He was always around 149-151. He weighed 150 for the 30 day weigh in against Canelo and 151 at the fight weigh in. I've never heard anyone call Floyd a small welterweight. I've never heard anyone say Floyd shouldn't move up. Hell, some even said he should move up to 160. GGG has not outgrown middleweight. He's making the weight comfortably so he doesn't have to move up. The only reason he should move up is for challenges, just like Floyd only moved up for challenges.
                  Floyd is a small ww though... I heard that been echo quite often. I I'm in the cal camp saying e should move up but 168 looks more trashy then 160.

Jacobs though i thought he's been training. How is he so big and wonder why he's not trying his luck at 168. I think he would easily get a title there.

Comment

Weight had nothing to do with that outcome. The skill gap was to great. Now if you say age I can give a lil thought to that. But they said the boy was ready.
                    He wasn't ready at all. His best win was Trout at that point in time which was a close fight and some thought he didn't win, not to mention open scoring in Texas.

Then his fight after he goes to Canelo Weight

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Fourteen pounds in 30 days is not much for these guys. Fairly standard.

I'm a bit surprised with Golovkin. Must really live the life.
                      Dem Russians B Cheatin'

Comment

Working...
                      X