Collapse
No announcement yet.

injured my shoulder, can i still train?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injured my shoulder, can i still train?

yesterday during training at some point my shoulder started to hurt badly and i had serious trouble throwing my left hook but i could jab just fine, only with little pain

now its been like 16 hours, i slept and took some ibuprofen but it still hurts.

i'm guessing i injured my rotator cuff or its tendonitis/bursistis

can i still go back on monday and train, i can probably deal with the pain that i'd have when throwing a hook because everything else is just fine. i can jab and my other arm has no problems.. or should i go to a doctor and take some time off?

and is there a possibility it could be just soreness and i'll be fine in like 2-3 days from now?

Take some time off, one week at least.Shoulder is very vulnerable

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
      Take some time off, one week at least.Shoulder is very vulnerable
      What he said its probably bruising you wont recover from that in less than a day takes a week off hitting the bag and make sure you're warming up properly before going hard with sparring or hitting the bag but I'm sure you wont be seriously injured.

Comment

If your in pain you should stop.

Comment

you were working a 'heavy' heavybag or you got tangled with your sparring partner while you were both throwing hooks?

Comment

Is it just pain or is it an injury?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              Is it just pain or is it an injury?
              i'm not in constant pain unless i try to do a left hook or put my hands behind my back, attempt to take off my jacket or something like that.. if i do that it hurts like hell

and i don't remember, we were doing drills and at one point i just thought to myself "damn my left hand hurts badly" but kept going until we were done and then did 2x2min of heavy bag.. at that point i could barely jab because it was hurting so bad that i couldn't even put my hand up. then i held mitts and took some hard hooks to my left arm which completely killed it

but i guess its getting a bit better, i was in constant pain yesterday but now its bearable and i don't feel much unless i try to do what i mentioned above
              Last edited by amb1tion; 01-27-2017, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amb1tion View Post
                yesterday during training at some point my shoulder started to hurt badly and i had serious trouble throwing my left hook but i could jab just fine, only with little pain

now its been like 16 hours, i slept and took some ibuprofen but it still hurts.

i'm guessing i injured my rotator cuff or its tendonitis/bursistis
                Had the same problem back then and ignored it.

Now I suffer with constant shoulder pain, although it is not as bad now.

Probably your rotator cuff as it is the most common injury.

Take at least 2 weeks off and start incorporating stretches and strenght exercises for your shoulder.

There are great videos out there on that topic from AthleanX on Youtube.
                Just search "shoulder pain" or "rotator cuff" - AthleanX

If will take several months for your muscles and tendons to recover and get into normal state if you do these exercises. It's a rather slow process.

Take it easy during boxing! You don't have to completely stop doing boxing for months but I would not stress my shoulder too much before you built it up again.

Comment

I've suffered from the exact injury. I was shadowboxing with dumb bells a couple of pounds heavier than what I was used to when I just learned the left hook and my shoulder started killing me.

Take a days off and do isometric exercises for the shoulder. See a doctor if the pain persists and try to get referred to a physiotherapist

Comment

Working...
                  X