Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigo tweets willing to move up to 126 for right fight. Loma has no excuses now.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now he wants to go to 126 when Loma moves up? Is there a rehydration clause?

Comment

I don't really have it in me to defend Rigo anymore. His team is **** and they ****ed up his only bit of hype. What happened to signing with Haymon and making all the "big" fights? You guys really think Top Rank will try to bail Rigo out of irrelevancy by asking their fighter to drop down in weight? Wake up and gain a perspective. Logic should not be this complicated. There was a time this fight was discussed, Loma has moved on and out of that division. It would've been a good fight, no doubt about it, but this change of heart is about a year late and I ain't tryna get played by a twitter post.

He never particularly mentions Loma in his twitter post, but TS made it about that - if Rigo is actually interested in making some noise at 126 and isn't just after publicity, fight Gary Russell. He said, "for the right fight" so I assume it's more than just the theory of Lomachenko coming down in weight, he's looking at the division as it is. Both guys stand to gain a lot in such a fight and make a very legitimate case to call Loma out. Cause neither Cruz or Frampton, I think, want to fight Loma.

Comment

excuses bahahaha he said excuses bahahaha

Comment

129 take it or leave it

Comment

ship's sailed, rigo has only himself to blame

Comment

I'd still like to see them fight. I'd also enjoy a Donaire fight.

Comment

loma's at 130 and said he wouldnt return to 126, now this little gremlin comes out and says he wants 126 when he didnt before. publicity stunt to try and trick stupid slick fans. prob work on a few of them

Comment

Rigo was offered the fight for a nice 6 figure purse a while back and he turned it down. Now he probably just needs the money. It's sad how many boxers make such stupid decisions, overvaluing themselves. Ship has sailed. Loma will be at 135 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                    ship's sailed, rigo has only himself to blame
                    Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    loma's at 130 and said he wouldnt return to 126, now this little gremlin comes out and says he wants 126 when he didnt before. publicity stunt to try and trick stupid slick fans. prob work on a few of them
                    Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                    Rigo was offered the fight for a nice 6 figure purse a while back and he turned it down. Now he probably just needs the money. It's sad how many boxers make such stupid decisions, overvaluing themselves. Ship has sailed. Loma will be at 135 soon.
                    I'm with you guys. Should've agreed to 126 in the first place. Now he wants Lomo to drop down so they can fight at that weight? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Bob wants no part of this. Wonder what Loma himself has to say.
                      I think 126 is absolutely fair so long as the hydration clause is reasonable. Boxing fans scream that they want the best to fight the best. Well?? Let's see some support for that idea.
                      If Lomo agrees, fine. I would surely love to see it. But I wouldn't blame Vasyl for a second if he refuses to come down in weight. The offer for a fight at 126 was on the table a while back. Rigo wouldn't agree to come up that high. Oh, well.

Comment

Working...
                      X