No announcement yet.

Expected Ward to win. He definently..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Again no one said the challenger didn't win it because he didn't take the belt from a champion, a challenger like last night didn't do enough to beat that champion period! Hence the "A challenger has to go out there and get the belt", boxing is full of quotes like these, whether they are motivational or real or fake.
    Boxing is full of quotes like these....Is it? Like what?

You literally did say that.

I don't know how many times I need to explain this but no the champion DOESN'T need to go and "take" the belts to win. Literally, he doesn't.

There is no where in any scoring criteria that states this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      No, it is stupid. That's just looking at it from a logical perspective.

In regards to actual scoring and criteria of scoring, it isn't included nor is it included in any kind of rule.
      No one claim it's part of a criteria in scoring a fight. It's a boxing term and it has been used for 100 odd years, people use that term in boxing if they feel a challenger was given a fight that he didn't deserve.

Comment

I think he just barely won. You have to realize kov didnt do that much the last 6-7 rounds and kind of faded, ward looked alot sharper and was hitting him with body shots/jabs and making him miss. I think it was a very close fight and after the first 5 rounds i didnt think ward would manage to fight his way back into it but he did. I had to give ward a big portion of the last 7 rounds.

Was a great fight though i enjoyed it, regardless of who really won i wouldnt have been mad at the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Boxing is full of quotes like these....Is it? Like what?

You literally did say that.

I don't know how many times I need to explain this but no the champion DOESN'T need to go and "take" the belts to win. Literally, he doesn't.

There is no where in any scoring criteria that states this.
          Am sure you can dig them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            No one claim it's part of a criteria in scoring a fight. It's a boxing term and it has been used for 100 odd years, people use that term in boxing if they feel a challenger was given a fight that he didn't deserve.
            Yeah but the point is it's a load of bull****

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
              I think he just barely won. You have to realize kov didnt do that much the last 6-7 rounds and kind of faded, ward looked alot sharper and was hitting him with body shots/jabs and making him miss. I think it was a very close fight and after the first 5 rounds i didnt think ward would manage to fight his way back into it but he did. I had to give ward a big portion of the last 7 rounds.

Was a great fight though i enjoyed it, regardless of who really won i wouldnt have been mad at the decision.
              Then what does that say about Ward. He actually threw less and landed less than Kovalev in most of those rounds.

I think most people are giving too much credit to Ward for picking up the pace, when in fact he just picked it up enough to keep pace with Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
                Then what does that say about Ward. He actually threw less and landed less than Kovalev in most of those rounds.

I think most people are giving too much credit to Ward for picking up the pace, when in fact he just picked it up enough to keep pace with Kovalev.
                Kov slowed down as a result of the body shots. The early body work paid off for ward alot of ppl are overlooking that aspect of the fight.

Ward then managed to edge alot of mid to late rounds by controlling the pace and being alot more accurate and defensively sound. Kov also gassed later on because ward became harder to hit after figuring out kovs range.

Comment

Kov slowed down as a result of the body shots. The early body work paid off for ward alot of ppl are overlooking that aspect of the fight.

Ward then managed to edge alot of mid to late rounds by controlling the pace and being alot more accurate and defensively sound. Kov also gassed later on because ward became harder to hit after figuring out kovs range.
                  So you discredit Kov for fading and give credit to Ward for doing less than him. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
                    So you discredit Kov for fading and give credit to Ward for doing less than him. Makes sense.
                    No, im just saying he slowed down and ward looked fresher and sharper later on and won rounds. I dont know wtf you are trying to elude to.

Comment

No, im just saying he slowed down and ward looked fresher and sharper later on and won rounds. I don't know wtf you are trying to elude to.
                      I'm not eluding to anything. Just stating a simple fact that you are wrong in pointing out that Kov didn't do much, Ward just picked up his own pace. In fact Kovalev actually picked up his punch output in 6-7 compared to round 1-6.

Comment

Working...
                      X