Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why GGG gets criticized but Rigondeaux gets a pass?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    I fail to see how GGG and Rigo fall in the same bucket. Golovkin is a star, while Rigo gets booed out of small arenas. Rigo was given opportunities in his career and he pissed them down the drian, Golovkin is still trying to build his legacy by any means necessary. For all the talk about accomplishments, Golovkin's resume is miles better. Rigo's only win is Donaire. None of his other opponents were even close to Top20 - they're usually 50th ranked fighters.

Being 'ducked' is not the same for all fighters. Rigo gets ducked because he brings nothing to the table. Golovkin gets ducked even though he brings something to the table.
    Good point. \

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      You don't know Miami very well then. The Cuban's in Miami are predominantly white Cubans, vote Republican... I don't think I need to fill in the blanks for you. They're not exactly as welcoming to their 'countrymen' as you think. If it was so easy that you could promote a Cuban fighter in Miami, it would have been done by now. But why hasn't it? Because there's no market for them there. Cuban's aren't going to appear in droves to support a Black Cuban, most Cuban boxers are black. That's just reality, unfortunately, and the lack of shows proves that. If he was white would it be easier? maybe but that would wouldn't be a guarantee either. When was the last time they had a big boxing event there? It's just not a big boxing market as people think it is.

HBO has given Rigo several chances. Rigo doesn't have any appeal. He doesn't speak English, he's got the personality of a brick, doesn't have a flashy style, and he's been booed heavily in his recent HBO fights. His last fight against Drian was supposed to be a fight to make him look good on a big PPV undercard... and he choked and put up, arguably, one of the worst performances of the year.
      You are so wrong, I have been on the two biggest boxing events in South Florida, Casamayor-seda at the Arena and a show that feature like 8 Cubans at the Doubletree, both were packed, hey Barthelemy fought at the Hard Rock and a lot fans show up, arum didn't want to stage an event in Miami with Rigondeaux, simple...

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        Essentially Yeah after beating Donaire. Arum called him boring and made plenty of negative comments about Rigo. then on his next fight against Abeko he went head to head against The Paulie / Zab card which included Lara / Trout & Porter / Alexander and blamed him for the sh.it ratings of 550k but Loma pulls in 585 this week and have you read any negative comments from Arum about Loma

saying Things like people dont wAnt to watch him & he's boring this is his f.uckin promoter not exactly a ringing endorsement. Call it what you want but Arum didn't do Rigo any favours once he beat Donaire.
        not only that, they had Kirkland-tapia, a local kid that loss that night, after the fight all his fans went home so they blame Rigondeaux for ppl leaving the site, nobody was there to watch the Cuban, and adbeko became gun shy after the first minute of the fight.

Comment

I fail to see how Rigo is "getting a pass". He's not even on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            I fail to see how Rigo is "getting a pass". He's not even on TV.
            Was literally about to post the same thing. Rigo has like 4 fans, can't get a fight and gets ****ted on by his own promoter and the commentators of HBO. I've also seen plenty of boxing writers lambaste Rigo as well for his resume post-Donaire and his 'boring' style. I see more negative posts about Rigo on NSB than positive posts so what pass is this guy getting?

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
              not only that, they had Kirkland-tapia, a local kid that loss that night, after the fight all his fans went home so they blame Rigondeaux for ppl leaving the site, nobody was there to watch the Cuban, and adbeko became gun shy after the first minute of the fight.
              Yeah they put him in a position to lose, . In a perfect world getting W should be all that matters and being the best should count for something but it doesn't its a business first and a sport second

I'm a fan of his but the combination of being too good , bad business choices, no fanbase and a non fan pleasing style has left Rigo basically spinning his wheels as far as his career goes.

Comment

Rigo actually is the man in his division n can't get anyone in the ring....EARNED his belts by fighting for them...if anyone is being pampered its GGG...2/3 belts gift wrapped

2 diff scenarios

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Because the ones critical of GGG look at him as an enemy to the black man same way they looked at Pacquiao.

They love Rigo and dont say chit on him he can fight any thai cab driver he wants, they even say 126 pounds is too big for him but want GGG to move up to 168 or 175, yet Rigo said out of his own mouth he beats up bigger guys who weigh over 135 on fight night, yet he wont move to 126 for lomachenko lol

Its all race bias.

I personally dont like GGG stylewise, I have no issue with GGG or Rigo but the lame racial bias started by these pro black floyd fans is sickening they shouldnt even be allowed to speak.

I miss this forum when it was back in 2005-2007 before Floyd blew up on 24/7 and got these new world star hip hop fanboys who search on boxrec and never really followed boxing but act like they do online. These floymos are the worst of the worst.
                  what the hell are u talking about. u guys bring up race none stop and somehow its the other fans fault lol. the assumptions that rigo fans are all dark skinned might be most ridiculous sentiment i have heard on nsb

Comment

I still have yet to see a sensible explanation for this. Can't help but think this has something to do with race. Why is GG so hated from the same group of haters, but not Rigo?

Comment

Rico doesn't not have a fan friendly style. only purist like him or countrymen.

He got the Donaire fight because they both were promoted by TR and we know that TR will make as many in house fights as they can.

Rigo thy-out his career has priced himself out thinking he is worth more that he actually does. He might have the skills but nobody is paying to see him

Comment

Working...
                      X