Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder To Anthony Joshua: Why Wait? Let's Fight Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
    It's hard to believe there are any Wilder haters out there. Sure he's unbalanced, sloppy, un-coordinated but he has a hell of a heart and wants to fight everyone. WAR WILDER!
    This. Its not his fault Povetkin tested dirty or that fight would of been happened already. At least hes trying to find a big fight but atleast hes also staying busy at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
      His KO Power is something special. All he has to do is touch you with a right hand and pretty much your on the ground damn near having a seizure. No matter how overmatched he might be, i know its heavyweight, but especially Wilder, HE ONLY NEEDS ONE SHOT!
      It's good enough to KO Joshua if he lands the right punch that AJ doesn't see but even his power is overrated. People were in awe of his KO over Spilzka but they forget that it took 9 rounds and a punch he didn't see to get that knockout. Any heavyweight throwing that punch would have scored that KO most likely. He landed a number of right hands that Spilzka took without any trouble, People just put that KO and his knockout ratio of 97% and think yeah he has unbelievable power, but so few of those KO's are clean and against good opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
        It's good enough to KO Joshua if he lands the right punch that AJ doesn't see but even his power is overrated. People were in awe of his KO over Spilzka but they forget that it took 9 rounds and a punch he didn't see to get that knockout. Any heavyweight throwing that punch would have scored that KO most likely. He landed a number of right hands that Spilzka took without any trouble, People just put that KO and his knockout ratio of 97% and think yeah he has unbelievable power, but so few of those KO's are clean and against good opposition.

If Wilder is not punching hard why has only one of his opponents gone the distance? Also, you have no way of proving "Any heavyweight would have knocked out Spilzka with that punch."

His sparring partners have confirmed that his power is real (including David Haye). I'll take their word over some spectator who doesn't have to feel his punches.
        Last edited by joseph5620; 06-27-2016, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          If Wilder is not punching hard why has only one of his opponents gone the distance? Also, you have no way of proving "any heavyweight would have knocked out Spilzka with that lunch."

His sparring partners have confirmed that his power is real (including David Haye). I'll take there word for over some spectator who doesn't have to feel his punches.
          Because said opponent was the only top 10 fighter he has ever faced ...... does that answer the question?

Never said his power wasn't good, I said it is overrated. His record is littered with sub par opponents and journeymen.... the best punchers earn their credibility by knocking out quality opponents, Wilder HAS YET to do this. A spectator can deduce that much.

Comment

Ok, well Deontay just put the ball in AJs court.

I will say this: AJ is frustrated with his current level of opposition, I know that for a fact. He would jump at this fight and probably hurt Wilder bad but Hearn is concerned that his meal ticket could, potentially get beat and wants to milk the IBF as much as possible.

Comment

gotta like wilder attitue he has been stepping it ward lately

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                Because said opponent was the only top 10 fighter he has ever faced ...... does that answer the question?

Never said his power wasn't good, I said it is overrated. His record is littered with sub par opponents and journeymen.... the best punchers earn their credibility by knocking out quality opponents, Wilder HAS YET to do this. A spectator can deduce that much.
                I'll say this again: If it was that simple to stop 35 out of 36 opponents every heavyweight in the world would be doing it. Top 10 or not. The power is obviously there and who exactly is overrating his power? Wilder gets more criticism than anything else on this site.

Comment

Yeah right. Wilder who hasn't tried to fight anyone great his entire career suddenly wants to fight Joshua as soon as possible. Bullisht! They both know the fight will be marinated for 2-3 years like all Al Haymon fights worth a damn. Wilder is just trying to get fans on his side after ducking Povetkin. This feels exactly like Adonis Stevenson going into the ring after Kovalev fought Pascal claiming he wants Kovalev right away, and being "held back." It's all fake. Canelo said he wanted GGG right away too and look how that turned out. Wilder probably knows Joshua won't fight him next so he knows it's safe for him to call him out without actually having to sign a contract. More fake bs from Al Haymon fighters, and fighters in general these days.

Comment

We all know this isn't happening. Wilder-AJ is potentially a blockbuster. They won't make that fight until it's 'ready' - meaning it's a while off yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      You'll get 200 mfkers making a 20 page thread bashing Deontay for taking a keep busy fight with Areola but the guy calls out Joshua for a fight THIS YEAR and none of them have anything to say.

Come on guys, this is your chance to show a little integrity.
                      Excellent point. Seems that these folks are in love with trash talking not the sport of boxing. I'm sure there will be an abundance of "he doesn't really want it" posts.

Comment

Working...
                      X