Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse Never Winning a Title is Not Because of Politics......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much this

Comment

It's a shame because he's got better wins at 140 than the champions do. Styles makes fights.

Comment

So guys like broner and provo and numerous others. ****ing numerous taking on easy opponents for titles but Matthysse actually having to earn his had nothing to do with the political world of boxing.

Christ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
          Yes and Lucas beat Peterson while Lamont had the damn belt. The WBC let GGG unify his interim belt but didn't with Matthysse. Disgusting. And Peterson admitted taking illegal testosterone before fighting Khan and he tested positive this scrapping the rematch.
          The IBF didn't because it's against their rules. Why are we as fans even acknowledging interim belts right now? For anybody else you would consider it meaningless.

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          He obliterated the IBF World Champion in 4 rounds. Boxing politics meant he wasnt able to claim the title.

Simple as that.
          He had a title shot and lost.

Originally posted by New England View Post
          he fought the guy that knocked khan out, actually. and that khan - peterson was highly controversial for a slew of reasons. an IBF rep was caught

so it is not "that simple." peterson's title was on the line in his next fight.

that peterson title wasn't on the line because of "not boxing politics?"

and hwne a lesser fighter than matthysse gets an easy shot at a title, is that because of boxing politics as well?

a loss to devion alexander wasn't for the title, but it certain'y was controversial. are you saying that losing a fight isn't going to affect your ability to fight for titles? or that the alexander decision, which came in his f#Cking hometown, wasn't "political?"

also, if you remember the khan fight, a man named mustafa ameen, who is an IBF affiliate, was caught on camera talking with judges [ridiculously illegal,] and then celebrating with team peterson in the ring after the fight [ridiculously stupid.]
          The scores were 113-112 and Khan was gifted a BS knockdown. It went both ways. Besides, Matthysse has had 3 opportunites to win titles and failed. Speaking of Devon, it took Matthysse ONE whopping year to win an interim title over Ajose. What a setback!

Stop making excuses for him and just recognize he blew his opportunities. He's no different than Vanes or any other mid-level contender in the sport.

-Vanes had an either way fight with Lara, arguably the #1 fighter in the division
          -Was passed over years as Canelo's mandatory
          -Got a raw deal recently against Charlo

Matthysse isn't special. He is having the career of your typical mid-level contender that doesn't capitalize on his biggest opportunities.

Comment

People just need to accept that he just wasn't quite good enough some dudes might catch more breaks but if he was good enough this wouldn't even be getting discussed. I liked Rocky Juarez I can feel you~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              People just need to accept that he just wasn't quite good enough. I liked Rocky Juarez I can feel you~
              I liked Zahir Raheem. He was my favorite fighter out of the 96 Olympic class. He had potential, shined in his biggest fight then flopped when awarded with a title shot.

No need to feel sorry for these guys. They just didn't get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                I liked Zahir Raheem. He was my favorite fighter out of the 96 Olympic class. He had potential, shined in his biggest fight then flopped when awarded with a title shot.

No need to feel sorry for these guys. They just didn't get it done.
                Andre Dirrell is another one I liked he will probably never win a real title now also, he has some time left but he had his shots so hard to see him breaking through. He got a raw deal in his biggest fight but it is not like he really took it to the hometown fighter like he needed to and had the opportunity to do.

I can't feel sorry for that.

Comment

BELTS DON'T MEAN SHT

Lucas is twice the champion Broner could ever be.
                  Twice the champion PEDerson could ever be.

Broner obviously got to fight kebab for another paper belt whilst Lucas was stuck with a better fighter in Postol.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post

He had a title shot and lost.
                    What does that have to do with the Peterson fight?

Boxing politics stopped him from winning the IBF title. Not hard to understand

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      What does that have to do with the Peterson fight?

Boxing politics stopped him from winning the IBF title. Not hard to understand
                      If thats the case boxing politics prevented Peterson from winning the WBC interim title and becoming Garcia's mandatory. And politics prevented Garcia from becoming undisputed champion.

We can play this game all day. At the end of the day:

3 opportunities
                      3 failures
                      2 opportunites to face the biggest cash cows in tge sport

95% of boxers would love to have those opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                      X